Construction is nearing completion on the first senior assisted-living option facility in Elm Grove.
Heritage Senior Living, 800 Wall St., plans to start showing rooms in June and begin welcoming residents in July, Community Relations Coordinator Becky Rintelmann said at an information meeting Feb. 24.
Rintelmann said the 43 assisted-living units on the second floor are complete, with the first floor nearly complete. The first floor will include 18 enhanced assisted-living units and 36 memory care units. There are two inner courtyards.
Debbie Harry, regional director of marketing for Heritage, said she has heard from many residents of Elm Grove who want to stay in the community and are interested in the units.
"People really like to stay with what they know," she said.
Heritage has been meeting with potential tenants for several weeks in its sales office at 13425 Watertown Plank Road.
The starting cost for living at the new facility is $3,400 per month for a studio and $5,400 per month for a two-bedroom unit in assisted living.
Barbara Beckman, a Brookfield resident and a Seniors Helping Seniors sales representative who attended the information meeting, said she thought many seniors — especially those that want to stay close to family in the area — would find the facility to be ideal.
"It's in an upper price range, but it's in a community that can probably afford it," she said. "I think it's going to add a lot to Elm Grove."
The estimated $7 million facility, developed by MSP Real Estate, included a village contribution of about $1.6 million though tax-incremental financing, which in part went toward the extension of municipal water from the city of Brookfield to the site.
Heritage Senior Living, founded in 2000, has assisted living and memory communities in seven other communities, including West Allis, Greenfield, New Berlin and Menomonee Falls.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Town of Brookfield officials remain confident despite slow pace on The Corners
- Brookfield man nears end of quest to run a marathon in every state
- Taste of the Town: RiverMill Cafe in Elm Grove
- Brookfield water utility lead operator wins award with invention
- Elm Grove approves 2015 budget, 1.03 percent levy increase
- Elmbrook Education Foundation's annual Ladies Night fundraiser to help meet $100K goal