Brookfield police officers rushed to a reported burglary in progress in the early hours of Nov. 15 only to find that the perpetrator was a clumsy buck.
A woman reported that she had heard what sounded like an explosion and found broken glass outside a neighbor's condominium in the 18000 block of Emerald Circle just before 2 a.m. Nov. 15, according to a police report.
Nothing was disturbed inside the condo, and officers found deer tracks leading to and from the building, Capt. Jim Adlam said.
Officers then scanned the perimeter and found a large buck limping off.
"Apparently it ran into the door, broke the glass and ran off," Adlam said.
It is estimated that it will cost the homeowner about $300 to replace the door.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout working as it should?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- Brookfield church organizes packing event to send 96,000 meals to Ebola patients in Liberia
- Elm Grove man takes reins of Wisconsin Philharmonic
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- On the Move: Oct. 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 23
- Brookfield, hungry for housing, studies plans for hundreds of new apartments
- Things to Do: Oct. 23