Brookfield police officers rushed to a reported burglary in progress in the early hours of Nov. 15 only to find that the perpetrator was a clumsy buck.
A woman reported that she had heard what sounded like an explosion and found broken glass outside a neighbor's condominium in the 18000 block of Emerald Circle just before 2 a.m. Nov. 15, according to a police report.
Nothing was disturbed inside the condo, and officers found deer tracks leading to and from the building, Capt. Jim Adlam said.
Officers then scanned the perimeter and found a large buck limping off.
"Apparently it ran into the door, broke the glass and ran off," Adlam said.
It is estimated that it will cost the homeowner about $300 to replace the door.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- Midwest Gaming Classic to bring plenty of fun to Sheraton
- Elm Grove Junior Guild's Tree of Giving returns
- In Brief: Recycling event planned in May
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Notes: March 19
- Ask Now: What are Brookfield's policies for abandoned houses?
- Wheelchair basketball conference championship coming to Brookfield