Brookfield police officers rushed to a reported burglary in progress in the early hours of Nov. 15 only to find that the perpetrator was a clumsy buck.
A woman reported that she had heard what sounded like an explosion and found broken glass outside a neighbor's condominium in the 18000 block of Emerald Circle just before 2 a.m. Nov. 15, according to a police report.
Nothing was disturbed inside the condo, and officers found deer tracks leading to and from the building, Capt. Jim Adlam said.
Officers then scanned the perimeter and found a large buck limping off.
"Apparently it ran into the door, broke the glass and ran off," Adlam said.
It is estimated that it will cost the homeowner about $300 to replace the door.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset's 'Christmas Carol' features Dickens himself
- REVIEW: Sunset Playhouse's 'Addams Family' is creepy, lovable
- Video: Strumming along at the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series