Personalized Solutions life coach helps overcome stress
She aids people in reaching potential
Marcia Jakubowski believes that having a psychology background, while not a prerequisite for the position, has been invaluable to her career as a life coach.
"My experience in educational psychology gives me a broad perspective and insight on human beings and the mind-body system," said the longtime school psychologist, therapist, presenter, university instructor and now owner of Personalized Solutions LLC in Brookfield. "Even though there's no therapy involved in life coaching, psychology allows me to help my clients in ways that I wouldn't otherwise be able to."
Launched in 2010, Personalized Solutions specializes in helping business professionals work through issues that limit them from reaching their potential, Jakubowski said.
Among Jakubowski's recent success stories are clients who've overcome career problems and fears of flying and public speaking.
"My job is to uncover the barriers to my clients' success, such as their self-limiting beliefs and sources of stress," said Jakubowski. "Stress is a huge factor in the lives of people who struggle. In fact, the Center for Disease Control reports that 90 percent of all serious illnesses are related to stress.
"When we are in stress the environment in our cells is toxic and unhealthy. But when we decrease chronic stress and enjoy positive thoughts and emotions, our cells are in growth and repair, which supports a healthier life."
Jakubowski practices a variety of stress-reduction techniques included in the personalized life plans she develops with her clients.
"My coaching model is really effective because it requires people to take responsibility for changing their lives," said Jakubowski. "The beauty of it is that once they learn it they own it; it's rewarding seeing clients practicing new behaviors and successfully living in a world that they've created for themselves.
"I believe each person can be the creative genius in their own life and wherever a person is, is the perfect place to start to create something new. I can help with that."
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to email@example.com or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Personalized Solutions LLC
ADDRESS: 16580 Mary Cliff Lane, Brookfield
PHONE: (414) 588-1120
OWNER: Marcia Jakubowski
TYPE OF BUSINESS: life coaching
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it. You must learn to see the world anew." Albert Einstein
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At Walters', a suit is at its best when it's wet
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design
- Business Spotlight: Can learning be fun? The owners of The Learning Shop believe it can!
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Business Spotlight: New owner hopes to continue Elm Grove tailoring shop's high standards
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove's Mystic Ireland celebrates the culture of the owner's homeland
- Business Spotlight: Paper Envy is not a paper tiger in the personalized stationery business
- Business Spotlight: Renovators Ltd. of Elm Grove has a program for every construction job
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: 9Round fitness center
- Business Spotlight: From Panera to Blaze Pizza in Brookfield, franchise owner has succeeded again
- Brookfield's Pet Supplies Plus caters to a four-footed customer base
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Jamba Juice
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel
- Business Spotlight: Elite Sport & Spine LLC
- Brookfield's O' What a Day Cafe strives to make any day a good day to stop in