A Brookfield man accidentally fired a shotgun into a neighboring apartment unit while attempting to unload it, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also from the report:
The man called the police to report that he had misfired a round of buckshot into the wall of an apartment in the 18000 block of Lake Drive just before 10 a.m. Oct. 14, because he was unsure if anybody next door had been injured.
Paramedics were put on standby while officers called a maintenance man to unlock the apartment.
The apartment was found to be empty and nobody was injured.
The incident was ruled accidental.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Upcoming meetings: July 24, 2014
- Business Calendar: July 24
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Summer camp takes edge off education at St. John Vianney