A Brookfield man accidentally fired a shotgun into a neighboring apartment unit while attempting to unload it, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also from the report:
The man called the police to report that he had misfired a round of buckshot into the wall of an apartment in the 18000 block of Lake Drive just before 10 a.m. Oct. 14, because he was unsure if anybody next door had been injured.
Paramedics were put on standby while officers called a maintenance man to unlock the apartment.
The apartment was found to be empty and nobody was injured.
The incident was ruled accidental.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Public Library recommendations: Dec. 25
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Things to Do: Dec. 25
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: 9Round fitness center
- Former Brookfield East soccer coach finishes second music CD
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11