A recent stay at the Courtyard Mariott in Brookfield was less than pleasant for one man after he was robbed overnight.
According to the city of Brookfield police report:
A man heard a knock at his door at 1:17 a.m. June 6.
When he opened the door, two men pushed their way in, taking an iPhone, cash and other items.
No weapons were displayed, and the men left the hotel through a rear door.
The victim described the robbers as a white man in his mid-20s, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, dressed in black clothing and having an average build and a black man of about the same height with short hair and dark clothing.
The man was in his room with a woman with blonde hair at the time of the robbery.
Capt. Jim Adlam said Tuesday that police believe the man had contacted an escort service and it's unclear if the escort took his property or if the two men had actually taken the property.
Police are investigating and no one is in custody.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 28
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Elm Grove approves paving bids for 124th Street and Elmhurst Parkway
- Teachers as well as athletes to get coaching in Greenfield schools
- Makeover on schedule for Brookfield's 124th Street Commerce District
- News & Notes: Aug. 28, 2014 issue