A New Berlin man was injured by a pocket knife during a scuffle with a town of Brookfield man, likely about drugs, Nov. 29, according to city of Brookfield police.
A witness reported that two men were on the ground fighting in the 100 block of Corporate Drive just before 1 p.m. Nov. 29.
Also in the report:
The two men, a 29-year-old New Berlin man and a 21-year-old town of Brookfield man, fled before officers arrived.
The witness said the New Berlin man claimed he had been stabbed in the arm with a knife during the altercation then left on foot.
The New Berlin man was found a short time later in a field west of Brookfield Road near Interstate 94. He had a minor wound on his arm and appeared to be under the influence of narcotics.
The town of Brookfield man drove away from the scene and was found at his home.
"We're looking into possible charges, however, we're unsure as to what they may be," Capt. Jim Adlam said.
It appeared the fight began because the men were arguing over drugs, Adlam added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center
- Guaranty Bank in Brookfield robbed
- Residents wait for answers on cell tower
- Business owners launch school funding initiative
- Elmbrook students honor most influential teachers
- St. John Vianney celebrates year's end with Grills and Guitars
- High school seniors can leave building during study hall period
- Grab a Bite: Colonel Hart's: A true neighborhood hangout
- Police Report: May 15
- Brookfield tries to improve look of old industrial buildings