A New Berlin man was injured by a pocket knife during a scuffle with a town of Brookfield man, likely about drugs, Nov. 29, according to city of Brookfield police.
A witness reported that two men were on the ground fighting in the 100 block of Corporate Drive just before 1 p.m. Nov. 29.
Also in the report:
The two men, a 29-year-old New Berlin man and a 21-year-old town of Brookfield man, fled before officers arrived.
The witness said the New Berlin man claimed he had been stabbed in the arm with a knife during the altercation then left on foot.
The New Berlin man was found a short time later in a field west of Brookfield Road near Interstate 94. He had a minor wound on his arm and appeared to be under the influence of narcotics.
The town of Brookfield man drove away from the scene and was found at his home.
"We're looking into possible charges, however, we're unsure as to what they may be," Capt. Jim Adlam said.
It appeared the fight began because the men were arguing over drugs, Adlam added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stores to open doors earlier on Thanksgiving at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield East students spend four days out in the wilderness for 'Trees For Tomorrow' workshop
- Brookfield, Elm Grove governments give more to senior taxi service
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Nov. 20
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 20
- Ask Now: What's happening in Brookfield at I-94 and Moorland?
- Irgens opens TIF talks in Brookfield, gets approval on other steps
- Neumann hopes for more success in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Nov. 20
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel