A New Berlin man was injured by a pocket knife during a scuffle with a town of Brookfield man, likely about drugs, Nov. 29, according to city of Brookfield police.
A witness reported that two men were on the ground fighting in the 100 block of Corporate Drive just before 1 p.m. Nov. 29.
Also in the report:
The two men, a 29-year-old New Berlin man and a 21-year-old town of Brookfield man, fled before officers arrived.
The witness said the New Berlin man claimed he had been stabbed in the arm with a knife during the altercation then left on foot.
The New Berlin man was found a short time later in a field west of Brookfield Road near Interstate 94. He had a minor wound on his arm and appeared to be under the influence of narcotics.
The town of Brookfield man drove away from the scene and was found at his home.
"We're looking into possible charges, however, we're unsure as to what they may be," Capt. Jim Adlam said.
It appeared the fight began because the men were arguing over drugs, Adlam added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Upcoming meetings: July 24, 2014
- Business Calendar: July 24
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Summer camp takes edge off education at St. John Vianney