Anthem College closes
150 students were displaced last Friday when for-profit Anthem College closed and abandoned its $1.7 million lease.
Students studying in massage therapy, medical billing/coding, medical assisting and surgical technician programs will be transferred to other schools in the area.
Students knew Anthem was planning to close but did not realize it would be Friday until earlier in the week.
Anthem is at least the fourth for-profit college in the Milwaukee area to close in recent years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29