Anthem College closes
150 students were displaced last Friday when for-profit Anthem College closed and abandoned its $1.7 million lease.
Students studying in massage therapy, medical billing/coding, medical assisting and surgical technician programs will be transferred to other schools in the area.
Students knew Anthem was planning to close but did not realize it would be Friday until earlier in the week.
Anthem is at least the fourth for-profit college in the Milwaukee area to close in recent years.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence
- Grilled cheese specialty restaurant Tom and Chee plans spring opening in Elm Grove
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 12
- Limited ballot awaits Brookfield, Elm Grove voters
- Business Notes: Feb. 12
- News & Notes: Feb. 12, 2015