Brookfield farmers market opens for season Saturday
The Brookfield farmers market will open for its 24th season Saturday, May 3, in the parking lot of City Hall, 2000 N. Calhoun Road. It will be open 7:30 a.m. to noon every Saturday until the end of October.
Early on, the market will feature Wisconsin-grown annuals, perennials, hanging flower baskets, eggs, meats, bakery, honey, maple syrup and some spring vegetables. New to the market will be fish from Rushing Waters and cheese from Harmony Specialty Dairy.
WIC, senior vouchers, and SNAP benefits will be accepted. More information is available at BrookfieldFarmersMarket.com.
Elm Grove Board to hold regular meeting May 27
Due to Memorial Day, the Elm Grove Village Board will push back the date of its regular meeting to May 27.
The board traditionally meets the fourth Monday of each month.
Meser recognized for years of service to village
The Elm Grove Village Board on Monday honored departing Trustee John Meser for his six years of service on the elected body. Meser served on the board for three terms, starting in 2008.
The resolution outlined Meser's various contributions, including a role on the Finance Committee, an appointed group he first joined in 2007 before assuming elected office.
Village President Neil Palmer presented Meser with the resolution at a village board meeting Monday and said he "brought his thoughtful and reasoned approach to many difficult projects and proposals and provided valuable knowledge and guidance to committees of the village and the village board."
After receiving the resolution, Meser commended his elected colleagues and said he believes "Elm Grove is in good hands because of a competent staff."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Elm Grove Library director a familiar face
- Brookfield moves slowly on chicken ordinance
- Elm Grove chooses beautification award winners
- Setting It Straight: Swanson School teachers
- Man sentenced to 7 years for heroin death
- Elmbrook Senior Taxi's request for more funding supported by users of the service
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 18
- In Brief: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?