With the arrival of August comes the last gasp of summer, and goodness, did it go quickly. Back-to-school planning is likely under way, and children across the area are surely lamenting the end of their vacations. At the Elm Grove Library, it has been a summer full of fun and educational programs, with excellent attendance and enthusiastic participation every week, and it is not quite over yet. What better way to cap off the season than with a movie celebration the whole family will enjoy?
Join us on Friday, Aug. 15 at 7 p.m. for our 3rd Annual End of Summer Family Movie Night at the library. This year's movie is a 1997 Robin Williams family comedy, "Flubber," about a professor whose science experiment goes horribly wrong, to often hilarious consequences. The movie will be screening in the O'Neill Room located just below the library, and is rated PG with a running time of approximately 93 minutes.
Admission is free, and there will be plenty of free popcorn, candy, and refreshments for everyone to enjoy. There will also be a special gift for the children to take home after the movie. Children are also encouraged to bring sleeping bags and blankets for the best seats in the house, right up front. If you have any questions about the family movie night, call the library at (262) 782-6717. We'll see you at the movies!
If You Go
What: 3rd Annual End of Summer Family Movie Celebration
Where: O'Neill Room, Elm Grove Public Library
When: Friday, Aug. 15, movie begins at 7 p.m.
Cost: Free! There will also be free popcorn, candy, refreshments, and a special gift for the kids.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man sentenced to 7 years for heroin death
- Elmbrook Senior Taxi's request for more funding supported by users of the service
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 18
- In Brief: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept.18
- Brookfield students raise $500 for Elmbrook Humane Society
- Elm Grove experiencing a spree of thefts
- Falls Village Board Approves TIF No. 12