A Brookfield woman was scammed out of more than $29,000 by someone she had met on a dating website, according to city of Brookfield police reports.
Also in the reports:
The woman told officers she had wired more than $29,000 to Malaysia on Nov. 19.
The 51-year-old woman maintained a lengthy relationship with the man, whom she had met on a popular dating website, before she agreed to send him more than $29,000 to pay for taxes on a supposed inheritance.
Although the man had agreed to pay her back, she never heard from him again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Dec. 18
- Local artist Sue Lawton writes and illustrates 'The Fire Keepers' for Sharon Lynne Wilson Center
- Brookfield Public Library recommendations: Dec. 18
- Weekly Planner: Dec. 18