A Brookfield woman was scammed out of more than $29,000 by someone she had met on a dating website, according to city of Brookfield police reports.
Also in the reports:
The woman told officers she had wired more than $29,000 to Malaysia on Nov. 19.
The 51-year-old woman maintained a lengthy relationship with the man, whom she had met on a popular dating website, before she agreed to send him more than $29,000 to pay for taxes on a supposed inheritance.
Although the man had agreed to pay her back, she never heard from him again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Upcoming meetings: July 24, 2014
- Business Calendar: July 24
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Summer camp takes edge off education at St. John Vianney