The staff at Jensen Health & Energy Center knows there's no single cure-all for pain, allergies, stress and the other ailments that prevent people from living the best life possible.
That's why the specialties offered at the clinic range from those treating the structure of the body to those treating the energy of the body to those addressing nutritional needs, explained owner Helen Miller, a registered nurse, acupuncturist and herbalist.
"All of our cells, our tissues are infused with a vital energy or life force that has a huge influence on our health. Our bodies are very intelligent," she said. "We often heal on our own, but systems can get out of (sync)."
What's available at Jensen? Well, there's chiropractic care, kinesiology, acupuncture, massage therapy, rolfing, craniosacral therapy, naturopathic medicine and homeopathy, and holistic wellness coaching.
Patients at the center can see one, some or all of the practitioners there, depending on what their needs are.
"The best is when we all work together," Miller said. "We all know what everyone else does and we can make recommendations."
While some of these modalities are becoming quite mainstream, others are a bit less commonplace. However, Jensen Health & Energy Center's clients often have done their homework and studied up on the specialties before making their appointment. For those who need questions answered, the staff is more than happy to answer questions and explain their work, Miller said.
The center began as Jensen Chiropractic and changed names to reflect a broader scope of services. It moved to Elm Grove in 2006. The location is convenient for clients, said Laura Finses, manager.
It was built using nontoxic materials in order to best serve clients with environmental allergies.
To suggest a business to be featured, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Jensen Health & Energy Center
ADDRESS: 500 Elm Grove Road, Suite 325, Elm Grove
PHONE: (262) 782-1616
TYPE OF BUSINESS: multidisciplinary natural health care
QUOTABLE: "Do whatever you can to be healthy." - Helen Miller
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- No job too small adds up to a full-time job
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At Walters', a suit is at its best when it's wet
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Business Spotlight: Cookies by Design
- Business Spotlight: Can learning be fun? The owners of The Learning Shop believe it can!
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Business Spotlight: New owner hopes to continue Elm Grove tailoring shop's high standards
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove's Mystic Ireland celebrates the culture of the owner's homeland
- Business Spotlight: Paper Envy is not a paper tiger in the personalized stationery business
- Business Spotlight: Renovators Ltd. of Elm Grove has a program for every construction job
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: 9Round fitness center
- Business Spotlight: From Panera to Blaze Pizza in Brookfield, franchise owner has succeeded again
- Brookfield's Pet Supplies Plus caters to a four-footed customer base
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Jamba Juice
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel