Pet Supplies Plus plans to open a store in the former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has sat vacant for a number of years.
The Brookfield Common Council gave the final approval for the endeavor tonight.
The pet supply retailer will occupy the entire 14,000-square-foot building, using 8,000 square feet for sales space and the remainder for warehouse space, said Larry Goudy, zoning and planning administrator.
Pet Supplies Plus, which carries an array of toys, food and equipment for dogs, cats, fish, birds and reptiles, already has several locations in the metro area, including a store on Bluemound Road.
Some interior renovations will be made to make the building suitable for the store's use, but no exterior alterations are planned, Goudy said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: March 5
- Greenfield School Board might use sale proceeds to possibly improve middle school
- Elmbrook Education Foundation announces plan to create $5 million endowment fund over five years
- Public Forum: The Corridor project is worthy of city support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: March 5
- Elm Grove, business association aim to team up on more effective marketing of the community
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: With 170 years behind it, Laacke & Joys has a wealth of experience
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Feb. 26
- 36 donate hair at St. Dominic's annual event
- Learning Rx: Theater teaches skills, vocabulary — and confidence