Pet Supplies Plus plans to open a store in the former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has sat vacant for a number of years.
The Brookfield Common Council gave the final approval for the endeavor tonight.
The pet supply retailer will occupy the entire 14,000-square-foot building, using 8,000 square feet for sales space and the remainder for warehouse space, said Larry Goudy, zoning and planning administrator.
Pet Supplies Plus, which carries an array of toys, food and equipment for dogs, cats, fish, birds and reptiles, already has several locations in the metro area, including a store on Bluemound Road.
Some interior renovations will be made to make the building suitable for the store's use, but no exterior alterations are planned, Goudy said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Social Security informational session next week at the Elm Grove Library
- New Elm Grove business to offer outlet for creativity
- Elm Grove church still considering cell tower
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 9
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session (1)