Pet Supplies Plus plans to open a store in the former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has sat vacant for a number of years.
The Brookfield Common Council gave the final approval for the endeavor tonight.
The pet supply retailer will occupy the entire 14,000-square-foot building, using 8,000 square feet for sales space and the remainder for warehouse space, said Larry Goudy, zoning and planning administrator.
Pet Supplies Plus, which carries an array of toys, food and equipment for dogs, cats, fish, birds and reptiles, already has several locations in the metro area, including a store on Bluemound Road.
Some interior renovations will be made to make the building suitable for the store's use, but no exterior alterations are planned, Goudy said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Juneau Pathway faces new roadblock
- Brookfield woman says unleashed Rottweiler attacked her dog
- Police Report: June 18
- Elmbrook surveys for satisfaction
- Wauwatosa West triplet seniors to split but stay connected
- Beautification Committee seeking the most vibrant yard in Elm Grove
- Elmbrook named top workplace
- Business Calendar: May 16-29
- Grab a Bite: Jake's: More than just steak and potatoes
- 'Starry Nights' at the Wilson Center starts June 21