Pet Supplies Plus plans to open a store in the former Ethan Allen building at 14750 W. Capitol Drive, which has sat vacant for a number of years.
The Brookfield Common Council gave the final approval for the endeavor tonight.
The pet supply retailer will occupy the entire 14,000-square-foot building, using 8,000 square feet for sales space and the remainder for warehouse space, said Larry Goudy, zoning and planning administrator.
Pet Supplies Plus, which carries an array of toys, food and equipment for dogs, cats, fish, birds and reptiles, already has several locations in the metro area, including a store on Bluemound Road.
Some interior renovations will be made to make the building suitable for the store's use, but no exterior alterations are planned, Goudy said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series
- Author Spike Carlsen to Appear at Elm Grove Library
- Brookfield-area musicians get set for summer tour
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 4
- For Brookfield's Stas Venglevski, playing accordion is a way of life