The Milwaukee Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women will hold its annual convention for woman Friday, May 2, and Saturday, May 3, at St. Mary's Visitation Church, 1260 Church St.
A social hour will begin at 5 p.m. May 2, with a banquet following at 6 p.m. Following dinner, Jazz Combo will perform.
The cost to attend the May 2 event is $30.
The convention will begin at 8 a.m. May 3 with registration and a continental breakfast. At 9 a.m., the Rev. Tim Kitzke will speak on "The Voices of Catholic Women: The New Breath of Themes Emerging from the Papacy of Pope Francis." Mass will follow his presentation. Then lunch will be served.
After lunch, Rebecca Woodhull, president of the National Council of Catholic Women, Art and Mary Ann Wigchers, Catholic Relief Services ambassadors, and the Rev. Dom Roscioli, spiritual advisor for the Milwaukee Archdiocesan Council of Catholic Women, will speak. In addition, winners of the Our Lady of Good Counsel Recognition Award will be announced.
Raffle opportunities will be available. Donations of any new men's, women's or children's socks for the Socks for Baby Jesus campaign will be accepted for homeless shelters in Milwaukee.
The cost to attend the May 3 event, which includes a continental breakfast and lunch, is $25.
To attend both days, the cost is $50.
To make a reservation, make a check payable to MACCW and send it with a registration form to: MACCW, P.O. Box 756, Elm Grove, WI 53122.
Registration forms are available at maccw.com. All reservations must be received no later than April 26.
For information, call (262) 797-0937.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man sentenced to 7 years for heroin death
- Elmbrook Senior Taxi's request for more funding supported by users of the service
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Sept. 18
- In Brief: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Sept. 18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Will sidewalks remain after North Avenue is widened?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept.18
- Brookfield students raise $500 for Elmbrook Humane Society
- Elm Grove experiencing a spree of thefts
- Falls Village Board Approves TIF No. 12