The Sharon Lynn Wilson Center is inviting families to pack blankets and picnic baskets for its annual Starry Nights outdoor concert series. All live shows are free and will take place at Mitchell Park, 19900 River Road, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Food and beverages will be available for purchase for those who aren't able to pack a picnic basket.
· VIVO with Warren Wiegratz, June 21
Wiegratz returns with the international flair of his group VIVO — a jazz, pop, bossa and samba music ensemble.
· Starry Nights Orchestra with Florentine Opera, June 28
The Wilson Center's Starry Nights Orchestra returns with a patriotic Americana program under the stars.
· Rockin' Robins, July 5
This group perform iconic hits of the 1950s and 60s.
· The Dang-Its, July 12 (Marquette University Night)
Equal parts quirky and humorous, The Dang-Its' have a wide-ranging repertoire featuring everything from classics and standards to country, jazz, western swing jump tunes and more.
· The Bad Sneakers Orchestra: Steely Dan Tribute, July 19
This 14-piece, high-energy band will bring the songs of Steely Dan to life.
· Wilson Center Big Band with Jenny Thiel, July 26
Perennially the series' most popular performance, the Wilson Center Big Band concludes the summer season with the timeless music of Glen Miller, Count Basie, Nelson Riddle and more.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ask Now: Are there any plans for the Old Toll Road Village site in Brookfield?
- Town of Brookfield officials remain confident despite slow pace on The Corners
- Brookfield man nears end of quest to run a marathon in every state
- Taste of the Town: RiverMill Cafe in Elm Grove
- Brookfield water utility lead operator wins award with invention
- Elm Grove approves 2015 budget, 1.03 percent levy increase
- Elmbrook Education Foundation's annual Ladies Night fundraiser to help meet $100K goal