The Sharon Lynn Wilson Center is inviting families to pack blankets and picnic baskets for its annual Starry Nights outdoor concert series. All live shows are free and will take place at Mitchell Park, 19900 River Road, beginning at 6:30 p.m. Food and beverages will be available for purchase for those who aren't able to pack a picnic basket.
· VIVO with Warren Wiegratz, June 21
Wiegratz returns with the international flair of his group VIVO — a jazz, pop, bossa and samba music ensemble.
· Starry Nights Orchestra with Florentine Opera, June 28
The Wilson Center's Starry Nights Orchestra returns with a patriotic Americana program under the stars.
· Rockin' Robins, July 5
This group perform iconic hits of the 1950s and 60s.
· The Dang-Its, July 12 (Marquette University Night)
Equal parts quirky and humorous, The Dang-Its' have a wide-ranging repertoire featuring everything from classics and standards to country, jazz, western swing jump tunes and more.
· The Bad Sneakers Orchestra: Steely Dan Tribute, July 19
This 14-piece, high-energy band will bring the songs of Steely Dan to life.
· Wilson Center Big Band with Jenny Thiel, July 26
Perennially the series' most popular performance, the Wilson Center Big Band concludes the summer season with the timeless music of Glen Miller, Count Basie, Nelson Riddle and more.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts
- Social Security informational session next week at the Elm Grove Library
- New Elm Grove business to offer outlet for creativity
- Elm Grove church still considering cell tower
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 9
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session (1)