Elm Grove resident Gabriella Klotz has been named a Rising Star for Musical MainStage, a professional concert series at Sunset Playhouse, 800 Elm Grove Road.
The daughter of Andreas and Michelle Klotz, Gabriella is a junior at Pius XI High School where she has been seen in the school's productions of "Into the Woods," "Legally Blonde," "Miss Saigon," "Phantom of the Opera," "Fame" and "Disney's Beauty and the Beast." In addition, she is active in the WSMA State Honors Choir and recently was recognized as Wisconsin's only representative in the NAfME all-National Honor Choir.
Gabriella hopes to pursue her theatrical interests this summer at the Interlochen Arts Academy, the Boston Conservatory or New York University. She also enjoys playing piano, flute and guitar, and studies ballet, jazz and other styles of dance.
Gabriella joins Joel Kopischke, James Nathan, Taryn Whipple and Erin Stapleton in a show called "Broadway's Best: Star Turns," a salute to show tunes and the performers who made them famous.
Performances will be on May 5 and May 6.
If you go
WHAT: "Broadway's Best: Star Turns"
WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, May 5 and 6; 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 6
WHERE: Sunset Playhouse, 800 Elm Grove Road, Elm Grove
COST: $20; student, senior and military discounts available
BOX OFFICE: (262) 782-4430
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove approves of gourmet grilled cheese
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Planner: Oct. 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- Nov. 4 ballot features six contested races
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 30
- Elm Grove levy projected to increase 1.03 percent
- Brookfield still pecking at chicken issue
- Elm Grove waste removal to remain the same