City of Brookfield police believe two armed robberies reported a week apart may be connected.
Two men wearing dark clothes and black bandannas over their faces used a semi-automatic handgun to rob the Westbrook Beverage Center, 13400 W. Greenfield Ave., at 8:58 p.m. Oct. 16, according to police reports.
Police Capt. Jim Adlam said they then ran off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Officers from numerous agencies assisted city of Brookfield officers secure a perimeter, but the robbers were not found.
Adlam said investigators believe the Oct. 16 armed robbery may be related to the robbery of Subway, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, before 6:30 a.m. Oct. 10.
In that case, a man wearing a black hood and a black bandanna came into the store and ordered the lone employee on duty to the back of the store, according to the police report.
The man ordered the employee to lie on the floor before letting a second man into the store through a back door.
The two men took about cash and fled.
The suspects are described as black men in their 20s.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Program allows students to honor influential teachers
- Brookfield, Elm Grove businesses donate hundreds of items to Women's Center
- Annual parade a source of pride in Elm Grove
- Public Forum: City leaders stray from the Comprehensive Plan
- Public hearing focuses on would-be village tied to towns of Brookfield and Waukesha
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: May 7
- Waukesha County updates categorization of dangerous animals
- Elm Grove woman passes on skating legacy to youth