City of Brookfield police believe two armed robberies reported a week apart may be connected.
Two men wearing dark clothes and black bandannas over their faces used a semi-automatic handgun to rob the Westbrook Beverage Center, 13400 W. Greenfield Ave., at 8:58 p.m. Oct. 16, according to police reports.
Police Capt. Jim Adlam said they then ran off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Officers from numerous agencies assisted city of Brookfield officers secure a perimeter, but the robbers were not found.
Adlam said investigators believe the Oct. 16 armed robbery may be related to the robbery of Subway, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, before 6:30 a.m. Oct. 10.
In that case, a man wearing a black hood and a black bandanna came into the store and ordered the lone employee on duty to the back of the store, according to the police report.
The man ordered the employee to lie on the floor before letting a second man into the store through a back door.
The two men took about cash and fled.
The suspects are described as black men in their 20s.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Social Security informational session next week at the Elm Grove Library
- New Elm Grove business to offer outlet for creativity
- Elm Grove church still considering cell tower
- Ask Now: Why is work being done at the Quarry?
- Business Spotlight: Sunset Playhouse has come a long way
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 9
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session (1)
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?