City of Brookfield police believe two armed robberies reported a week apart may be connected.
Two men wearing dark clothes and black bandannas over their faces used a semi-automatic handgun to rob the Westbrook Beverage Center, 13400 W. Greenfield Ave., at 8:58 p.m. Oct. 16, according to police reports.
Police Capt. Jim Adlam said they then ran off with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Officers from numerous agencies assisted city of Brookfield officers secure a perimeter, but the robbers were not found.
Adlam said investigators believe the Oct. 16 armed robbery may be related to the robbery of Subway, 3960 N. Brookfield Road, before 6:30 a.m. Oct. 10.
In that case, a man wearing a black hood and a black bandanna came into the store and ordered the lone employee on duty to the back of the store, according to the police report.
The man ordered the employee to lie on the floor before letting a second man into the store through a back door.
The two men took about cash and fled.
The suspects are described as black men in their 20s.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Elm Grove wood studio lets the creative juices flow
- Elm Grove library surveying residents on future
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: June18
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 18
- Ask Now: Who do I call if I see an injured animal in my yard?
- Elm Grove to host summer movies series
- Author Spike Carlsen to Appear at Elm Grove Library
- Brookfield-area musicians get set for summer tour
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 4
- For Brookfield's Stas Venglevski, playing accordion is a way of life