State Sen. Leah Vukmir, R-Wauwatosa
· Vukmir introduced a bill to the state Senate on Feb. 7 that would require medical school graduates to complete two years of training before receiving a medical license from the state, an increase from the current one-year requirement. The bill was referred to the Committee on Health and Human Services.
State Reps. Rob Hutton and Dale Kooyenga, R-Brookfield
· A bill sponsored by Kooyenga, Hutton and others passed the Assembly on Feb. 13, and is waiting for scheduling in the Senate. The bill would prohibit law enforcement officers from tracking the location of a cellphone without a warrant. An exception could be made when tracking a cellphone before getting a warrant is possible could prevent an injury or death.
U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin, D-Madison
· Baldwin introduced the Quality Foster Care Services Act on Feb. 4, along with Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio). The bill provides a federal definition of therapeutic foster care, also known as treatment foster care services, which Baldwin said will help promote accountability and improve the accessibility and quality of care. The bill was referred to the Senate Committee on Finance.
U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Menomonee Falls
· Thousands of websites participated in "The Day We Fight Back" on Feb. 11 to promote passage of a bill, the USA Freedom Act, sponsored by Sensenbrenner. The bill would put limits on government surveillance and collection of data, such as phone records, in regards to U.S. citizens.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout working as it should?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- Brookfield church organizes packing event to send 96,000 meals to Ebola patients in Liberia
- Elm Grove man takes reins of Wisconsin Philharmonic
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- On the Move: Oct. 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 23
- Brookfield, hungry for housing, studies plans for hundreds of new apartments
- Things to Do: Oct. 23