The Brookfield East girls scored 127 points and finished third in the 18-team Manitowoc Len Nikolai Invitational on Saturday at Silver Creek Park.
St. Mary's Springs won the event with 105 points, and Pewaukee was second (119). The Spartans finished three points ahead of Green Bay Preble (130).
Madeline Timm ran a 15 minute, 32 second race and finished sixth, by far the Spartans top finish.
"Madeline Timm had a break-out race," East coach Kim Leupold said, "taking sixth over, having a personal record on the season and running as our No. 1 runner."
Taylor Stewart and Natalie Dillon were 25th (16:04) and 27th (16:14) while Shannon Cashin (16:21) and Taylor Conway (16:25) were 33rd and 36th.
"Taylor Stewart made an excellent debut, considering she's been out with an illness for two weeks," Leupold added.
Brittany Allen ran a 16:27 (40th) and Evie Werking turned in a 16:49 (56th) as 140 girls took part.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wrestling: Dempsey leads Brookfield East wrestlers at Sheboygan North tourney
- Wrestling: Brookfield Central wins three of five at Zelinski Duals
- Skiing: Ski team third against area elites
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Central adjusts to zone, downs Menomonee Falls
- Track and field: Former Badgers standout Calhoun to lead Brookfield Central girls track
- Brookfield Academy sports roundup: Jan. 29
- Sports recaps from Brookfield Central and East: Jan. 22
- Elmbrook Swim Club Scorecard Jan. 22
- Brookfield East boys basketball team win five in a row
- First-place Marquette tops Brookfield Central boys basketball team 54-41