Brookfield Central finished second to Marquette on Monday at the Blue Mound Golf & Country Club in the first Greater Metro Conference Mini-Meet of the season.
The Hilltoppers won the event with a 154, followed by Brookfield Central with a 159. Brookfield East (160) and Wauwatosa East/West (161) rounded out the top four.
Three Lancers shot a 38 to lead the team - juniors Kevin Coakley and Jack Wartman and freshman Eddie Wajda. Senior Evan Anderson shot a 45 and Ryan Dickson had a 46 to round out the line-up.
Despite the Lancers' finish, coach Brian Scrobel was frustrated that they couldn't have pulled off the victory.
"I am disappointed," he said. "I thought we had a chance to beat Marquette. A couple guys had some issues, but I feel we can work through them at practice."
Central finished 17th out of 29 teams at the Washington County Invitational on Saturday to officially open the season.
The Lancers shot a 336 and were led by senior Brad Bartel and sophomore Erik Anderson, each shooting an 82.
Sophomores Noah Olander and Eric Schleicher each shot an 86 and junior Mike Stram shot an 88.
The Lancers also took part in an Invitational at Black Wolf Run on Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield East has plenty of talent returning on diamond
- SPORTS SHORTS MAY 21
- East boys edge Falls for Ron Burling Invite
- Sox, Bulldogs looking to bounce back in LOL
- Brookfield girls track teams dominate GMC Relays
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- Brookfield Academy: May 14, 2015
- Brookfield East girls soccer team wins Navy Bracket of Gusho Tourney
- Sports Notes: May 14, 2015
- Brookfield Bulldogs crush Hartland