Brookfield Central beat non-conference opponent Arrowhead, 6-1, in the Lancers opening match.
Coach Dave Steinbach's singles players all won and two of the three doubles squads pulled out a victory.
Michael Treis won (6-3, 6-2) at No. 1 singles, Jack Michael won No. 2 (6-2, 6-0), Jordan Patt won at No. 3 (6-4, 6-2) and Matt Michael won No. 4 (6-4, 6-1).
On the doubles side, Andrew Denu/Kevin Schmidt won at No. 1 (6-4, 6-1) and Nick Nabar/Jack A. Peterson won at No. 3 (6-4, 6-0).
Ken Reichert/Cavan Wagg dropped their No. 2 match (6-2, 6-4).
The Lancers also had three 'exhibition' doubles matches and won all three - Peter and Will Lyon (6-4, 2-6, 6-3), Charlie Reimer/Jake Bordeau (6-0, 6-1) and Jack L. Peterson/Tommy Hasting (6-0, 6-2).
"Arrowhead is one of the favorites for conference," Steinbach said about the quality opening win. "We also have to get used to the outside courts."
He also commented on the opening lineups.
"We may be stronger in doubles than last year and it looks like the No. 1 doubles is a pretty good team," he said. "Our singles players looked solid also."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield East girls open with two blowout losses
- Busch steps up in Brookfield Central Lancers opening 51-29 win
- Brookfield East basketball boys have depth, experience returning
- Brookfield Central's Wandrey sees intangibles as strength
- Brookfield Central girls cross country had outstanding season
- Brookfield East boys volleyball coach will miss senior class
- Brookfield Central football coach Jed Kennedy is impressed with team's resiliency
- Brookfield East gridders go back to the basics
- Elmbrook Swim Club: Nov. 20
- Brookfield East's Gustafson has lifetime best in 500 free