Brookfield Central beat non-conference opponent Arrowhead, 6-1, in the Lancers opening match.
Coach Dave Steinbach's singles players all won and two of the three doubles squads pulled out a victory.
Michael Treis won (6-3, 6-2) at No. 1 singles, Jack Michael won No. 2 (6-2, 6-0), Jordan Patt won at No. 3 (6-4, 6-2) and Matt Michael won No. 4 (6-4, 6-1).
On the doubles side, Andrew Denu/Kevin Schmidt won at No. 1 (6-4, 6-1) and Nick Nabar/Jack A. Peterson won at No. 3 (6-4, 6-0).
Ken Reichert/Cavan Wagg dropped their No. 2 match (6-2, 6-4).
The Lancers also had three 'exhibition' doubles matches and won all three - Peter and Will Lyon (6-4, 2-6, 6-3), Charlie Reimer/Jake Bordeau (6-0, 6-1) and Jack L. Peterson/Tommy Hasting (6-0, 6-2).
"Arrowhead is one of the favorites for conference," Steinbach said about the quality opening win. "We also have to get used to the outside courts."
He also commented on the opening lineups.
"We may be stronger in doubles than last year and it looks like the No. 1 doubles is a pretty good team," he said. "Our singles players looked solid also."
- Germantown boys basketball team holds off Brookfield Central, 77-62
- Brookfield East's Hyndiuk shines on mound
- Lightning strikes in shootout to beat Brookfield Academy girls
- Brookfield Bulldogs score 4 runs in 11th inning to nip Lannon
- Brookfield Blue Sox lose to first-place Pewaukee
- Brookfield East's Bullen earns MVP honors for track
- Brookfield Central puts six softball players on all-Greater Metro Conference team
- Sport Shorts: June 18, 2015
- Brookfield East wrestling camps set
- More success on horizon for Brookfield East boys track team