Brookfield Central defeated Wauwatosa East in a doubleheader on Friday evening and finished the regular season with a 11-9 record in the Greater Metro Conference and 16-9 overall.
Central finished the regular season with a 6-game winning streak and 7 wins out of the last 8 games. Tosa East finished with a 3-17 record and a 7-18 overall mark. They have lost 3 in a row and 4 of their last 5 games.
The first game today was suspended a few weeks ago because of rain and picked up with one out and the bases loaded in the top of the fourth and Central leading 6-3. After a strikeout for the second out, Connor Shipman cleared the bases with a double and put the game out of reach at 9-3 and eventually topped out at 14-3.
Danny Barwick had a single, two walks, a triple and a double, scored twice and drove in two runs. Ryan Hinz had a double and a single, two walks and three RBIs.
Josh Ells pitched the final three innings allowing five hits, one walk and three strikeouts. Kyle Dobbe and Jake Lake each singled twice for the Red Raiders.
Brad Leachy allowed 3 hits, a run, a walk and fanned nine in five innings to get the 6-1 win in the regularly scheduled game tonight. Thomas Showers allowed two walks in two hitless innings of relief. He also fanned two.
Hinz had two RBIS with a sacrifice fly, an RBI double and a single.Shipman had a double and an RBI single to lead the Lancers.
Sam Klein, Ben Carpenter and Dobbe eached had a double for the Red Raiders.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Central Lancers make first trip to state baseball since 2001
- Catholic Memorial ends Spartans season with 4-2 regional victory
- Baseball: Ausloos dazzles as Brookfield Central edges KM
- Indians hold off Central, 7-5
- Brookfield bulldogs crush Hartland but lose to West Bend
- Brookfield East baseball team enjoys early starting times
- Chargers knock off Brookfield Central in semis
- Brookfield East goes 3-0 in GMC tournament
- Brookfield Central beats Greenfield, Mukwonago
- Brookfield Blue Sox have perfect weekend