Dillion Engle was the major reason his West Allis Hale baseball team beat Brookfield Central, 8-0, Wednesday night at McCoy Field to win the Greater Metro Conference Tournament Consolation Championship.
Engle, who is headed to UWM to play baseball in the fall, was exceptional, as he fanned 14 Lancers and allowed only three hits - a single by Bill Calawerts and a double by Ryan Hinz in the third and an infield hit to Dan Barwick in the sixth. He only walked two batters.
Engle was also outstanding at the plate, as he had four singles in four at bats and two RBIs and Garet Morganroth singled twice, doubled, scored three times and drove in two.
Brian Kimpel singled twice and drove in a run and Patrick Heal singled twice, scored a run and drove one in.
Hale scored a run in the first, three in the second and two runs in the fourth and seventh innings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Library Recommendations: Oct. 23
- Raymonds' five goals spark Brookfield East to regional soccer title
- Brookfield Academy Roundup: Oct. 23
- Brookfield Central Lancers whip Hale, make football playoffs
- Central girls dominate GMC Cross Country Meet
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Week 9
- Brookfield Central Lancers second at golf sectional
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 16