Brookfield Central dropped a Greater Metro Conference dual meet to Menomonee Falls/Sussex Hamilton, 101-85, but the Lancers had plenty of good showings despite the loss.
Central won five events and finished second in five more.
Freshman Nikki Wahlgren won the 50-yard freestyle in 25.93 seconds and took second in the 100 butterfly (1:02.43).
Sophomore Kate Mierow scored 209.75 points to win the 1-meter diving event; Lauren Flatley captured the 100 free (58.14); Leah Lee won the 100 breaststroke (1:12.50); and the 400 freestyle relay of Courtney Severance, Wahlgren, Dee Luo and Flatley also took first (3:52.99).
Two relays finished second - the 200 medley of Sheila Rad, Lee, Flatley and Wahlgren (1:58.04) and the 200 free of Rachel DeMeulenaere, Luo, Abby Rose and Severance (1:51.03).
Severance finished second in two events, the 200 free (2:06.48) and the 500 free (5:30.66).
Rad had the other runner-up performance in the 100 backstroke (1:07.08).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Three Brookfield East football players earn All-Suburban honors
- Rasmussen, Knopp first-team All-Suburban
- Impressive start for Brookfield Central girls basketball
- East girls struggle from the field
- Brookfield Academy: Dec. 5
- Dempsey, LeClaire to lead Brookfield East wrestling team
- Brookfield Stars hockey team wins Sheboygan Tournament
- Brookfield Central boys basketball rolls in Illinois tourney
- Rasmussen named GMC's top O-lineman
- Sydnor named MVP for Brookfield Central boys volleyball