Brookfield Central senior forward Anna Liewen has made a verbal commitment to accept a basketball scholarship from Northern Michigan University.
Liewen, a first-team All-Greater Metro Conference selection last season, averaged 11 points and 10 rebounds per game as she helped lead the Lancers to their fourth consecutive conference championship in 2011.
She also was named third-team All-County by the Waukesha Freeman and Honorable Mention All-Suburban by CNI Newspapers.
"Anna will be a great addition to the Northern Michigan program," Lancers coach Dan Wandrey said. "She is relentless on the court and has dedicated herself to improving in all aspects of the game. In addition, she is a great kid who will do whatever is asked of her."
Liewen is a member of the Wisconsin Lakers AAU program.
She will sign a national letter of intent during the early signing period in November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sports recaps from Brookfield Central and East: Jan. 22
- Elmbrook Swim Club Scorecard Jan. 22
- Brookfield East boys basketball team win five in a row
- First-place Marquette tops Brookfield Central boys basketball team 54-41
- Miller's big game sparks Brookfield East win
- Boys hockey: Brookfield/Catholic Memorial Stars win third straight contest
- Road America offers motor coach service to Chicago Auto Show
- Sky's the Limit, by Tom Skibosh: Area basketball teams have key games Friday
- Greendale basketball team goes through peak, valley in the same week
- Brookfield East girls basketball team beats Indians, 48-41