Brookfield East head baseball coach Bill Woodring has resigned his position after three seasons, Athletic Director Jeremy Martin announced last week.
"I would like to thank the entire Brookfield East community for the opportunity to serve as the head baseball coach for the past three years," Woodring said.
Woodring began his head coaching career at Brookfield East back in 1987-1988, when he led the program to two state appearances. He also served as head coach at Brookfield Central (1989-1991) and at Pewaukee (1995-2000) with conference championships in 1998 and 2000. Woodring cited health reasons for his reason to resign.
"His connection to our community coupled with his wealth of baseball knowledge and experience will certainly be missed." Martin said.
The position will be posted soon. Interested applicants can contact Martin for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Three Brookfield East football players earn All-Suburban honors
- Rasmussen, Knopp first-team All-Suburban
- Impressive start for Brookfield Central girls basketball
- East girls struggle from the field
- Brookfield Academy: Dec. 5
- Dempsey, LeClaire to lead Brookfield East wrestling team
- Brookfield Stars hockey team wins Sheboygan Tournament
- Brookfield Central boys basketball rolls in Illinois tourney
- Rasmussen named GMC's top O-lineman
- Sydnor named MVP for Brookfield Central boys volleyball