The Brookfield East baseball team's storybook season came to a nightmarish end Tuesday evening as they lost a WIAA sectional final to Arrowhead, 10-0, in Germantown.
In a game that was shortened to six innings because of the 10-run rule, Arrowhead scored one run in third, two runs in fourth and three in fifth to take a 6-0 lead.
The Warhawks then closed out the game with four runs in the sixth inning, as East failed to get a batter out before the game was called.
The loss came hours after East defeated crosstown rival Brookfield Central in the sectional semifinal.
"I think we were really drained after winning the semifinal," said East coach Tim Granger. "We really played hard, but I think we left it all on the field and we were emotionally spent."
Jake Janowski pitched four innings for East and gave up three runs. Brian Sylla relieved him and allowed three runs in the fifth and four in the sixth to close out the game.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foss excited about current Brookfield East girls track team
- Brookfield East boys track team will once again be a threat
- Brookfield East girls basketball team moving on up
- Brookfield Barracudas put together solid swim season
- Brookfield East girls track team wins Nelson Daniel's Invite
- Cain takes the reins for Brookfield Central softball
- Brookfield Central boys third at UW-Parkside Invite
- Brookfield Central girls track and field team wins Outfitters Invite
- Dusing returns to lead Brookfield Central boys track team
- Sports Notes: March 19, 2015