Wauwatosa West boys cross country coach Mike Vann is looking forward to the season, and he feels the Trojans have a chance to improve on their sixth-place finish in the Woodland Conference.
"The team ran very well at conference last year," Vann said, "but we hope to move up in the conference this year as our top two finishers return to lead the team."
Seniors Alex Steiner and Aaron Krahn return to lead the team, and Vann is excited about newcomer Demetrius Mensah, an outstanding varsity wrestler the past three seasons who will make Tosa West "more competitive."
Krahn placed 16th at conference, and Steiner was 18th last year. Other returnees are senior Jacob Sleider and junior Michael Kayser.
Besides Mensah, Vann also is counting on promising newcomers Andrew McOlash, a junior, and Patrick Campbell, a freshman.
Completing the roster at this time are freshmen Kevin Dettlaff, Peter Ganser and Jack Bresnahan.
Vann, who did an excellent job with the track program, will be working to bring that success to the cross country program as well.
- Germantown boys basketball team holds off Brookfield Central, 77-62
- Brookfield East's Hyndiuk shines on mound
- Lightning strikes in shootout to beat Brookfield Academy girls
- Brookfield Bulldogs score 4 runs in 11th inning to nip Lannon
- Brookfield Blue Sox lose to first-place Pewaukee
- Brookfield East's Bullen earns MVP honors for track
- Brookfield Central puts six softball players on all-Greater Metro Conference team
- Sport Shorts: June 18, 2015
- Brookfield East wrestling camps set
- More success on horizon for Brookfield East boys track team