Wauwatosa West boys cross country coach Mike Vann is looking forward to the season, and he feels the Trojans have a chance to improve on their sixth-place finish in the Woodland Conference.
"The team ran very well at conference last year," Vann said, "but we hope to move up in the conference this year as our top two finishers return to lead the team."
Seniors Alex Steiner and Aaron Krahn return to lead the team, and Vann is excited about newcomer Demetrius Mensah, an outstanding varsity wrestler the past three seasons who will make Tosa West "more competitive."
Krahn placed 16th at conference, and Steiner was 18th last year. Other returnees are senior Jacob Sleider and junior Michael Kayser.
Besides Mensah, Vann also is counting on promising newcomers Andrew McOlash, a junior, and Patrick Campbell, a freshman.
Completing the roster at this time are freshmen Kevin Dettlaff, Peter Ganser and Jack Bresnahan.
Vann, who did an excellent job with the track program, will be working to bring that success to the cross country program as well.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield East's Bullen, Carr key GMC Outdoor title
- Brookfield East girls track team earns second straight triple crown
- Brookfield Central baseball team returns nine letter winners
- Brookfield Central girls earn 10 top-three finishes at GMC Outdoor
- Brookfield East's Knight pitches one-hit victory
- Brookfield Central boys finish third in GMC tennis
- Brookfield East boys tennis team finishes second in GMC
- Staszkiewicz sparks Brookfield Central girls soccer team to huge win
- Brookfield East has plenty of talent returning on diamond
- SPORTS SHORTS MAY 21