Brookfield East will lose three seniors to graduation, but coach Linda Lied has plenty of talent returning.
The Lady Spartans will miss seniors Lauren Schuette, Katelyn Kotek and Carolyn Lorenz.
But Lied will have juniors Alex Massart, Alli O'Connor, Emma Lloyd, Sara Bauer and Katie McCarthy; sophomores Sophie Carr, Bridget Noack, Annaleise Schwiesow, Erica Engstrand and Hayley Powers; and freshmen Simone Hussussian, Brigitte Potter and Jessica Huang back next year.
Kotek and Carr highlighted the Lady Spartans' season by going 2-2 at the state individual tournament. They were joined by Noack and the doubles team of Massart/O'Connor at state.
East tied Brookfield Central for second in the Greater Metro Conference tournament, finished third in the conference dual-meet season and fourth in the sectional.
"We won the matches we should have," Lied said. "We came close in some matches I felt we should have won, but didn't.
"It was a good season, not as good as it could have been. Sometimes when we played, we lacked confidence."
That should change next season with the experience the young Lady Spartans gained this season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield East girls track second in GMC Triple Crown race
- Brookfield Central boys track earns three wins
- Brookfield Academy Sports Shorts: May 23
- Menomonee Falls softball team defends Greater Metro Conference title
- Brookfield East girls soccer beats Franklin, Menomonee Falls
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14
- Brookfield East boys wins Burling Invite by 78 points
- Brookfield Central netters have unbeaten week
- Brookfield Central Sport Shorts: May 14