Brookfield Central defeated Sussex Hamilton, 64-51, at Sussex Thursday night behind senior guard Alex Diciaula's career high 30 points.
The Lancers led 26-19 at half-time, as Diciaula had 11 first-half points, including nine in the second quarter. Central then expanded its lead to 43-32 after three quarters, as Diciaula scored 11 of his team's 17 points in the quarter. He then closed out the game with an eight-point final period. He hit 10-fo-13 shots from the field.
Nevan Lewis came off the bench and hit 6-of-7 shots and scored 13 points and Seth Mortag, who was starting his second straight game, added 10 points. Point guard Alex Olson didn't score a point, but played outstanding defense and was praised by Central coach Mark Adams afterward.
Brian Krohn had 18 points for the Chargers, but the Lancers held Brett Meinecke to nine points, as no other Hamilton player reached double figures.
Hamilton dropped to 7-4, 11-7 overall and Central improved to 5-6 and 9-9 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls thinclads battle weather conditions, win at West Bend
- Busch's goal gives Brookfield Central girls soccer team win over East
- Brookfield Academy: April 30, 2015
- Brookfield Central gymnast moves on to Western Championships
- Brookfield East finishes third at Mike Gain Invite
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Brookfield East boys out to defend state tennis crown
- Henning, Vitale to lead Brookfield East golfers
- Pennow, Locante named co-MVPs for Brookfield gymnastics co-op
- Track and field: West Allis Hale boys second at own invite