Brookfield Central defeated Sussex Hamilton, 64-51, at Sussex Thursday night behind senior guard Alex Diciaula's career high 30 points.
The Lancers led 26-19 at half-time, as Diciaula had 11 first-half points, including nine in the second quarter. Central then expanded its lead to 43-32 after three quarters, as Diciaula scored 11 of his team's 17 points in the quarter. He then closed out the game with an eight-point final period. He hit 10-fo-13 shots from the field.
Nevan Lewis came off the bench and hit 6-of-7 shots and scored 13 points and Seth Mortag, who was starting his second straight game, added 10 points. Point guard Alex Olson didn't score a point, but played outstanding defense and was praised by Central coach Mark Adams afterward.
Brian Krohn had 18 points for the Chargers, but the Lancers held Brett Meinecke to nine points, as no other Hamilton player reached double figures.
Hamilton dropped to 7-4, 11-7 overall and Central improved to 5-6 and 9-9 overall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown boys basketball team holds off Brookfield Central, 77-62
- Brookfield East's Hyndiuk shines on mound
- Lightning strikes in shootout to beat Brookfield Academy girls
- Brookfield Bulldogs score 4 runs in 11th inning to nip Lannon
- Brookfield Blue Sox lose to first-place Pewaukee
- Brookfield East's Bullen earns MVP honors for track
- Brookfield Central puts six softball players on all-Greater Metro Conference team
- Sport Shorts: June 18, 2015
- Brookfield East wrestling camps set
- More success on horizon for Brookfield East boys track team