Brookfield Academy won its first WIAA D3 State Boys Track Championship on Saturday at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse's Memorial Stadium.
The Blue Knights scored 80 points to run away from Webster and Catholic Central, who each scored 30 points.
"Based on our times in the sectional, I thought we had a good chance going in," BA coach Dave Jaynes said. "But I didn't think we would score 80 points. I looked back and I think someone scored 71 points once, but I didn't see anyone score 80."
Junior Fred Willis led the way with a first in the 100-meters (10.88) and the 200 (22.23), a second in the high jump (6-feet, 7 inches) and he anchored the winning 800 relay team.
Senior Nathan Heppe won the 800 (1:55.67) and was fifth in the 1600 (4:29.94) and anchored the 3200 relay team which finished third.
The 800 relay of Ethan Jaynes, Max Wrenn, Taylor Davis and Willis took first (1:39.86)
Ethan Jaynes took second in the 100 (11.06) and the 200 (22.88)
Troy Huff was third in the high jump (6-06) and the 3200 relay of Neil Warren, Davis, Vikram Purewal and Heppe also took third (8:05.17).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spartans' Werking sisters help each other compete
- Brookfield East Sport Shorts: May 14
- Brookfield East boys wins Burling Invite by 78 points
- Brookfield Central netters have unbeaten week
- Brookfield Central Sport Shorts: May 14
- Massart, Thomas two of Central's best athletes ever
- Brookfield Academy wrapups: May 13
- Brookfield Central kickers have 1-1-1 week
- SKY'S TAKE