The Brookfield Doll Costumers Guild and the Midwest Doll Business Associates are sponsoring the first Midwest Doll Festival in Wisconsin at the Brookfield Suites on August 12-14th.
This long-awaited show will offer porcelain doll artists the opportunity to attend workshops, display their dolls and have their dolls judged. Vendors who specialize in doll-related supplies, including accessories and fabrics, will be available. Dolls will be available for sale. Louise Hedrick of Elm Grove, an internationally respected author of two reference books studying French Fashion and Bluette dolls, and a highly regarded designer of costumes for both antique and antique reproduction dolls, will be the guest lecturer.
The main event is the competition for porcelain doll artists. Dolls will be judged on the quality of their painting and costuming. Some of the finest doll makers in the midwest are entered in this competition; many of them having taken top awards in other regional shows. The public will be given a rare opportunity to view these dolls on Saturday from 9AM to 2PM.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seven Tips to Stay Safe on Winter Roads
- First Stage Announces Free Class Day at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts!
- Brookfield native releases more Wisconsin themed comedy videos online
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Feb. 18 Event: "What do we really know about Islam? Answering the difficult questions"
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C., blog post – Proper Bed Pillow Positions