The Brookfield Doll Costumers Guild and the Midwest Doll Business Associates are sponsoring the first Midwest Doll Festival in Wisconsin at the Brookfield Suites on August 12-14th.
This long-awaited show will offer porcelain doll artists the opportunity to attend workshops, display their dolls and have their dolls judged. Vendors who specialize in doll-related supplies, including accessories and fabrics, will be available. Dolls will be available for sale. Louise Hedrick of Elm Grove, an internationally respected author of two reference books studying French Fashion and Bluette dolls, and a highly regarded designer of costumes for both antique and antique reproduction dolls, will be the guest lecturer.
The main event is the competition for porcelain doll artists. Dolls will be judged on the quality of their painting and costuming. Some of the finest doll makers in the midwest are entered in this competition; many of them having taken top awards in other regional shows. The public will be given a rare opportunity to view these dolls on Saturday from 9AM to 2PM.
- Jim and Tom Palzewicz of ActionCOACH of Elm Grove win Bravo! Entrepreneur award
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Archery For Women
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Elm Grove resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for after-school program for at-risk youth
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET