The Brookfield Doll Costumers Guild and the Midwest Doll Business Associates are sponsoring the first Midwest Doll Festival in Wisconsin at the Brookfield Suites on August 12-14th.
This long-awaited show will offer porcelain doll artists the opportunity to attend workshops, display their dolls and have their dolls judged. Vendors who specialize in doll-related supplies, including accessories and fabrics, will be available. Dolls will be available for sale. Louise Hedrick of Elm Grove, an internationally respected author of two reference books studying French Fashion and Bluette dolls, and a highly regarded designer of costumes for both antique and antique reproduction dolls, will be the guest lecturer.
The main event is the competition for porcelain doll artists. Dolls will be judged on the quality of their painting and costuming. Some of the finest doll makers in the midwest are entered in this competition; many of them having taken top awards in other regional shows. The public will be given a rare opportunity to view these dolls on Saturday from 9AM to 2PM.
- The Innocent Killer
- The Importance of Sleep
- Daylily Plant Sale
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- City of Brookfield annouces Summer Concert Series Line up
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart – Bathroom Faucet Innovations and Designs Take It Up a Notch
- The Financial Side of Being a Caregiver
- New Summer Worship Schedule for Christ the King
- HAWS May Adoption Special