The Brookfield Doll Costumers Guild and the Midwest Doll Business Associates are sponsoring the first Midwest Doll Festival in Wisconsin at the Brookfield Suites on August 12-14th.
This long-awaited show will offer porcelain doll artists the opportunity to attend workshops, display their dolls and have their dolls judged. Vendors who specialize in doll-related supplies, including accessories and fabrics, will be available. Dolls will be available for sale. Louise Hedrick of Elm Grove, an internationally respected author of two reference books studying French Fashion and Bluette dolls, and a highly regarded designer of costumes for both antique and antique reproduction dolls, will be the guest lecturer.
The main event is the competition for porcelain doll artists. Dolls will be judged on the quality of their painting and costuming. Some of the finest doll makers in the midwest are entered in this competition; many of them having taken top awards in other regional shows. The public will be given a rare opportunity to view these dolls on Saturday from 9AM to 2PM.
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Create and Enjoy Your Own Farm (& Field) to Table Experience Thursday!