The Brookfield Doll Costumers Guild and the Midwest Doll Business Associates are sponsoring the first Midwest Doll Festival in Wisconsin at the Brookfield Suites on August 12-14th.
This long-awaited show will offer porcelain doll artists the opportunity to attend workshops, display their dolls and have their dolls judged. Vendors who specialize in doll-related supplies, including accessories and fabrics, will be available. Dolls will be available for sale. Louise Hedrick of Elm Grove, an internationally respected author of two reference books studying French Fashion and Bluette dolls, and a highly regarded designer of costumes for both antique and antique reproduction dolls, will be the guest lecturer.
The main event is the competition for porcelain doll artists. Dolls will be judged on the quality of their painting and costuming. Some of the finest doll makers in the midwest are entered in this competition; many of them having taken top awards in other regional shows. The public will be given a rare opportunity to view these dolls on Saturday from 9AM to 2PM.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents “Violence in the Workplace” workshop
- Milwaukee/NARI Remodeling Professionals Recognized on National Level
- MCW researcher to investigate diabetic heart susceptibility to cardiac sensitivity
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Meal!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents former Navy SEAL, Jeff Boss, leadership coach specializing in adaptability
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- 7th Annual Wild Ones Native Plant Sale
- Local High Schools Add Digital Financial Literacy Education as WI DPI Approves Program