The Brookfield Doll Costumers Guild and the Midwest Doll Business Associates are sponsoring the first Midwest Doll Festival in Wisconsin at the Brookfield Suites on August 12-14th.
This long-awaited show will offer porcelain doll artists the opportunity to attend workshops, display their dolls and have their dolls judged. Vendors who specialize in doll-related supplies, including accessories and fabrics, will be available. Dolls will be available for sale. Louise Hedrick of Elm Grove, an internationally respected author of two reference books studying French Fashion and Bluette dolls, and a highly regarded designer of costumes for both antique and antique reproduction dolls, will be the guest lecturer.
The main event is the competition for porcelain doll artists. Dolls will be judged on the quality of their painting and costuming. Some of the finest doll makers in the midwest are entered in this competition; many of them having taken top awards in other regional shows. The public will be given a rare opportunity to view these dolls on Saturday from 9AM to 2PM.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade