Johnny Rawls is one bluesman who has maintained his distinctive tenor voice raw Mississippi soul blues and meticulous guitar pickin' style. After being nominated year after in many categories, Johnny finally got his due when the Blues Music Industry voted to award him the “Best Soul Blues Album” for his album “Ace of Spades” at the 2010 Blues Music Awards (at which he was also nominated for “Best Soul Blues Male Artist of the Year”). One of the most prestigious awards in the industry, the Blues Music Awards is equivalent to the Grammy Awards for the rest of the music industry.
Rawls will perform in concert at the grand opening gala of Club That nightclub in Waukesha. The evening’s festivities will include cocktails, an intimate buffet dinner, and a two-hour performance by Johnny Rawls for just 100 attendees. The Bungalow restaurant, a secret dining place of the Green Bay Packers will be creating a special dinner for the gala.
Arriving with his band, Johnny will sing his award winning song Red Cadillac including the title track from the album Ace of Spades. In addition to the dinner show, Rawls will perform a late show for all who want to start the week off in party mode. Milwaukee jazz vocalist Brenda Smith opens for an evening destined to be the hottest Blues ticket in Wisconsin.
An Intimate Evening with Johnny Rawls Dinner Show
7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 9
532 Bluemound Rd
Ofc: (262) 326-1523
$45 (dinner & concert) advance purchase only online or at door (until capacity is reached). $10 (late show) online advance purchase /$15 at the door (until capacity is reached. Tickets can be purchased online at Ticketriver.com.
For more information e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. launches blog to educate general public about health conditions that can affect the quality of their life
- Fourth of July, Festa Italiana, Good Health and Good Deeds … All Together!
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation