Johnny Rawls is one bluesman who has maintained his distinctive tenor voice raw Mississippi soul blues and meticulous guitar pickin' style. After being nominated year after in many categories, Johnny finally got his due when the Blues Music Industry voted to award him the “Best Soul Blues Album” for his album “Ace of Spades” at the 2010 Blues Music Awards (at which he was also nominated for “Best Soul Blues Male Artist of the Year”). One of the most prestigious awards in the industry, the Blues Music Awards is equivalent to the Grammy Awards for the rest of the music industry.
Rawls will perform in concert at the grand opening gala of Club That nightclub in Waukesha. The evening’s festivities will include cocktails, an intimate buffet dinner, and a two-hour performance by Johnny Rawls for just 100 attendees. The Bungalow restaurant, a secret dining place of the Green Bay Packers will be creating a special dinner for the gala.
Arriving with his band, Johnny will sing his award winning song Red Cadillac including the title track from the album Ace of Spades. In addition to the dinner show, Rawls will perform a late show for all who want to start the week off in party mode. Milwaukee jazz vocalist Brenda Smith opens for an evening destined to be the hottest Blues ticket in Wisconsin.
An Intimate Evening with Johnny Rawls Dinner Show
7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 9
532 Bluemound Rd
Ofc: (262) 326-1523
$45 (dinner & concert) advance purchase only online or at door (until capacity is reached). $10 (late show) online advance purchase /$15 at the door (until capacity is reached. Tickets can be purchased online at Ticketriver.com.
For more information e-mail: email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- South Milwaukee native Jerome Kitzke performing at SMPAC Poetry in Music/Music in Poetry
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Adults Skate Too
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel
- Local Businesses Join Together to Support Youngest Victims of Domestic Violence
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs