WAUKESHA Wis. – Marv Van Kekerix, the interim chancellor of the University of Wisconsin Colleges and University of Wisconsin-Extension, today formally launched a search advisory committee to recommend a new campus executive officer and dean for the University of Wisconsin-Waukesha.
The successful candidate will succeed Patrick Schmitt, who left July 1 to become president of Pierce College in Puyallup, Wash. Jane Crisler currently is serving as the interim CEO/dean.
Advertising for the position will start in January. Finalists will interview on campus in April and a final selection will be made before the end of the spring semester in May 2011. The appointment is subject to approval by the UW System Board of Regents.
The committee, chaired by Ellyn Lem, Waukesha, associate professor of English, met for the first time Nov. 23. The other members are: Jerry Braatz, Brookfield, associate professor, Waukesha County Cooperative Extension, UW-Extension; Lori Brock, Oconomowoc, assistant professor, biological sciences; Brenda Dugan, Brookfield, university services associate II; Joe Foy, Waukesha, associate professor, political science; Russell Launder, Oconomowoc, Board of Visitors, UW Colleges and UW-Extension; Alex Patrick Marshall, East Troy, student; John Short, CEO/dean, UW-Fond du Lac; Scott Silet, Wauwatosa, director of library and media services.
UW-Waukesha is the largest campus of the University of Wisconsin Colleges, which is composed of 13 local campuses and one online campus, University of Wisconsin Colleges Online, that offer an associate degree in arts and science and prepare students of all ages and backgrounds for baccalaureate and professional programs. UW-Waukesha enrolled a record 2233 students in the fall semester of 2010.
For information about programs, admission or financial aid, contact the Student Services office at (888)2UW-WAUK (888-289-9285) or visit the Web at www.waukesha.uwc.edu.
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Archery For Women
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Elm Grove resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for after-school program for at-risk youth
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus