Elm Grove resident and current Divine Savior Holy Angels High School student Tess Zukowski plans to put vanity aside and take part in a selfless gesture— cutting off 10 inches or more of hair and donating it to the not-for-profit organization Locks of Love. While Locks of Love provides hairpieces to children suffering long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis, most have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure.
This is the 11th year that the Locks of Love assembly has taken place at DSHA high school. Cumulatively, DSHA has contributed 622 ponytails, valued at over $388,000. The total value of donated hair for this year’s event is over $23,750.
Please feel free to join us and show your support for this generous act on January 31, 2011 at 10 a.m. in The Robert and Marie Hansen Family Fine Arts Theatre at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School, 4257 N. 100th St.
Divine Savior Holy Angels High School is a Catholic college preparatory high school that excels at preparing young women intellectually, spiritually and personally. Sponsored by the Sisters of the Divine Savior, DSHA continues to build on 118 years of tradition in academic excellence and commitment to single gender education and attracts over 650 students annually from all over Southeastern Wisconsin. To learn more about DSHA, log on to www.dsha.info.
- Archery For Women
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Elm Grove resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for after-school program for at-risk youth
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce holds ribbon-cutting for Network Health