Elm Grove resident and current Divine Savior Holy Angels High School student Tess Zukowski plans to put vanity aside and take part in a selfless gesture— cutting off 10 inches or more of hair and donating it to the not-for-profit organization Locks of Love. While Locks of Love provides hairpieces to children suffering long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis, most have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure.
This is the 11th year that the Locks of Love assembly has taken place at DSHA high school. Cumulatively, DSHA has contributed 622 ponytails, valued at over $388,000. The total value of donated hair for this year’s event is over $23,750.
Please feel free to join us and show your support for this generous act on January 31, 2011 at 10 a.m. in The Robert and Marie Hansen Family Fine Arts Theatre at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School, 4257 N. 100th St.
Divine Savior Holy Angels High School is a Catholic college preparatory high school that excels at preparing young women intellectually, spiritually and personally. Sponsored by the Sisters of the Divine Savior, DSHA continues to build on 118 years of tradition in academic excellence and commitment to single gender education and attracts over 650 students annually from all over Southeastern Wisconsin. To learn more about DSHA, log on to www.dsha.info.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Youth Baseball/Softball/T-Ball League Registration February 8, 2016
- Young Shark Tank Fan Creates Equestrian Business