Several Lake Country Christian congregations will participate in “One in the Apostles’ Teaching, Fellowship, Breaking of Bread and Prayer,” a prayer service for Christian Unity, on Thursday, February 24, at 7 p.m. at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, 120 Nashotah Road, Nashotah. The event is open to the public. Those interested in singing in the choir for the service are asked to arrive at 6 p.m. for a rehearsal.
The Very Reverend Robert S. Munday, Dean and President of Nashotah House Theological Seminary will preach at the event.
Other participants will include the Rev. Michael D. Strachota, parish priest, St. Joan of Arc Parish; Jack H. Albert, Jr., president, St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy; Dr. Meredy Hase, vice president, Christ the King Lutheran Church; the Rev. Dr. Charles H. Henery, parish priest, St. John Chrysostom Episcopal Church and director of spiritual life at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy; the Rev. Bob Jensen, pastor, Delafield Presbyterian Church; and the Rev. Gary A. Grindeland, senior pastor, Christ the King Lutheran Church.
Refreshments will be served following the event.
Rooted in the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, Christians have come together throughout the world to celebrate unity in Christ since 1908. The annual observance is a call to make a renewed commitment to work for genuine ecumenism grounded in the experience of the early church.
For more information, call the church office at Christ the King Lutheran Church at (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Recycle Electronics to Benefit People with Disabilities
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Free Flower Show at State Fair Park
- Win at the Wisconsin State Fair with a #SnapdragonSelfie!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Fall into Free Fab Skincare!
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Waukesha County Recycling & Water Resources: In the Community
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?