Several Lake Country Christian congregations will participate in “One in the Apostles’ Teaching, Fellowship, Breaking of Bread and Prayer,” a prayer service for Christian Unity, on Thursday, February 24, at 7 p.m. at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, 120 Nashotah Road, Nashotah. The event is open to the public. Those interested in singing in the choir for the service are asked to arrive at 6 p.m. for a rehearsal.
The Very Reverend Robert S. Munday, Dean and President of Nashotah House Theological Seminary will preach at the event.
Other participants will include the Rev. Michael D. Strachota, parish priest, St. Joan of Arc Parish; Jack H. Albert, Jr., president, St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy; Dr. Meredy Hase, vice president, Christ the King Lutheran Church; the Rev. Dr. Charles H. Henery, parish priest, St. John Chrysostom Episcopal Church and director of spiritual life at St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy; the Rev. Bob Jensen, pastor, Delafield Presbyterian Church; and the Rev. Gary A. Grindeland, senior pastor, Christ the King Lutheran Church.
Refreshments will be served following the event.
Rooted in the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, Christians have come together throughout the world to celebrate unity in Christ since 1908. The annual observance is a call to make a renewed commitment to work for genuine ecumenism grounded in the experience of the early church.
For more information, call the church office at Christ the King Lutheran Church at (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Archery For Women
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Elm Grove resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for after-school program for at-risk youth
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus