This week at Aquinas Academy, our students are preparing for the first annual “Pi (π) Day” celebration. Various events and contests will be taking place surrounding "Pi" including a poster contest, a poem writing contest, a “perfect circle” drawing contest and hula-hoop contest.
Then, on March 14th at 1:59 PM (3.14159…), students will be reciting as many digits of Pi they can remember. Students that recite 100 or more digits will receive a tee-shirt. One student has already memorized over 150 digits! The celebration will conclude with eating pie (apple, chocolate, etc).
A special thanks to Mrs. Homan, our Middle School Math teacher, for coordinating this event!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Trinity UCC to Host Silent Auction Fundraiser for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Wesley A. Benbow named Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Operating Officer of MCW
- Planning the Patio Vegetable Garden
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC CELEBRATES 3 YEARS IN BUSINESS WITH OPEN HOUSE
- South Milwaukee native Jerome Kitzke performing at SMPAC Poetry in Music/Music in Poetry
- Braille menus now offered by several Wauwatosa-area restaurants
- Adults Skate Too
- April 19: Meet Sundance Award-Winner & South Milwaukee Native Chad Gracia, Ukrainian Fedor Alexandrovich
- Memory, Vision and Obesity: 2015 Women in Science Series Scheduled
- MCW names new vice president and general counsel