This week at Aquinas Academy, our students are preparing for the first annual “Pi (π) Day” celebration. Various events and contests will be taking place surrounding "Pi" including a poster contest, a poem writing contest, a “perfect circle” drawing contest and hula-hoop contest.
Then, on March 14th at 1:59 PM (3.14159…), students will be reciting as many digits of Pi they can remember. Students that recite 100 or more digits will receive a tee-shirt. One student has already memorized over 150 digits! The celebration will conclude with eating pie (apple, chocolate, etc).
A special thanks to Mrs. Homan, our Middle School Math teacher, for coordinating this event!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- Brandish Creative Group launches to support regional small businesses
- Merry Christmas to the World!
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- Movin' & Lubin' Opens Second Vehicle Repair Shop in New Berlin
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study