This week at Aquinas Academy, our students are preparing for the first annual “Pi (π) Day” celebration. Various events and contests will be taking place surrounding "Pi" including a poster contest, a poem writing contest, a “perfect circle” drawing contest and hula-hoop contest.
Then, on March 14th at 1:59 PM (3.14159…), students will be reciting as many digits of Pi they can remember. Students that recite 100 or more digits will receive a tee-shirt. One student has already memorized over 150 digits! The celebration will conclude with eating pie (apple, chocolate, etc).
A special thanks to Mrs. Homan, our Middle School Math teacher, for coordinating this event!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations
- The UMDF Energy for Life Walk is September 26th!
- Local Artisans complete work at Lambeau Field
- Callen Staffer Earns National Certification Designation
- Ride for Autism Speaks Milwaukee
- Three Professionals Bring New Expertise, Experience to ActionCOACH Business Coaching
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Aimee Berg's Brain Tumors
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research