March is Brain Injury Awareness Month and to help bring attention to this "silent epidemic," the Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin will be launching its new Statewide Health Initiative on Concussion Education & Prevention: Play Smart WI.
The Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin (BIAW) invites all youth athletes, parents, coaches, athletic trainers, physicians, and anyone else interested in learning more about concussion and the impact it has on young athletes to attend this informational event on Tuesday, March 22, 2011.
The event will be held at Waukesha South High School Auditorium, 401 E. Roberta Ave, Waukesha from 6:00 - 7:30 pm. BIAW will launch the Play Smart WI Campaign, student athletes will share their stories of how their lives have been impacted by concussion and Dr. Michael McCrea, of ProHealth Care Neuroscience Center and a nationally known expert in the field of sports concussion, will present on the importance of recognizing the symptoms and responding appropriately when concussion occurs.
Attending the Kickoff will be Milwaukee Wave players Captain Josh Rife #4 and Evan McNeley #20.
Please contact the BIAW office at 262-790-9660 with any questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Drew Lillibridge Earns Prestigious Eagle Scout Award
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Dr. Carole Street Vetter named David S. Haskell, MD, Endowed Professor in Orthopaedic Education
- Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Shopping Market is October 3-5 at Hawthorne Hill Farm
- Scientist receives NIH Director’s Award to study molecular causes of disease
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- Researcher to study genetic and physical causes of chronic pelvic pain