March is Brain Injury Awareness Month and to help bring attention to this "silent epidemic," the Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin will be launching its new Statewide Health Initiative on Concussion Education & Prevention: Play Smart WI.
The Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin (BIAW) invites all youth athletes, parents, coaches, athletic trainers, physicians, and anyone else interested in learning more about concussion and the impact it has on young athletes to attend this informational event on Tuesday, March 22, 2011.
The event will be held at Waukesha South High School Auditorium, 401 E. Roberta Ave, Waukesha from 6:00 - 7:30 pm. BIAW will launch the Play Smart WI Campaign, student athletes will share their stories of how their lives have been impacted by concussion and Dr. Michael McCrea, of ProHealth Care Neuroscience Center and a nationally known expert in the field of sports concussion, will present on the importance of recognizing the symptoms and responding appropriately when concussion occurs.
Attending the Kickoff will be Milwaukee Wave players Captain Josh Rife #4 and Evan McNeley #20.
Please contact the BIAW office at 262-790-9660 with any questions.
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Create and Enjoy Your Own Farm (& Field) to Table Experience Thursday!