March is Brain Injury Awareness Month and to help bring attention to this "silent epidemic," the Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin will be launching its new Statewide Health Initiative on Concussion Education & Prevention: Play Smart WI.
The Brain Injury Association of Wisconsin (BIAW) invites all youth athletes, parents, coaches, athletic trainers, physicians, and anyone else interested in learning more about concussion and the impact it has on young athletes to attend this informational event on Tuesday, March 22, 2011.
The event will be held at Waukesha South High School Auditorium, 401 E. Roberta Ave, Waukesha from 6:00 - 7:30 pm. BIAW will launch the Play Smart WI Campaign, student athletes will share their stories of how their lives have been impacted by concussion and Dr. Michael McCrea, of ProHealth Care Neuroscience Center and a nationally known expert in the field of sports concussion, will present on the importance of recognizing the symptoms and responding appropriately when concussion occurs.
Attending the Kickoff will be Milwaukee Wave players Captain Josh Rife #4 and Evan McNeley #20.
Please contact the BIAW office at 262-790-9660 with any questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Waukesha County Youth Hockey Moms Face Off Against Cancer
- Milwaukee Backgammon Meetup
- MacKinnon named founding dean of MCW school of pharmacy
- New Home for Uncle Ned's Consignment Liquidation & Estate Sales, LLC
- Get College Smart!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive