Milwaukee, WI, May 5, 2011 — The sale is over, but a final round of deliveries with the famous Girl Scout Cookies is on the way to food banks in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Washington, Ozaukee, Racine and Kenosha counties. Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast (GSWISE), through the Cookie Share program, is donating about 15,000 boxes of cookies for use by food pantries, homeless shelters and meal programs which serve thousands of people in southeastern Wisconsin.
The GSWISE Cookie Share Program allows customers to purchase boxes of cookies to benefit local non-profit organizations. Nearly 800 troops collected donations of cookies from their customers as part of the 2011 Cookie Share Program.
"We're grateful to the community, our girl members, their parents, and our volunteers for making our Cookie Share Program a success," said CEO Molly Fuller. "Girl Scouts have a long history of giving back to the community, and the Cookie Share Program is just one of the ways we do that."
In 2011, the GSWISE is working with the following food banks to distribute 978 cases of cookies: Hunger Task Force; Food Pantry of Waukesha County; Family Sharing; Racine County Food Bank; Shalom Center; and Full Shelf.
About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast, Inc. serves over 28,500 girls in our community in grades K through 12 and is the pre-eminent development organization and leading authority on girls’ healthy development. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- You're Invited to a Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Local Pastor Speaks on Church Persecution
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- Youth Baseball/Softball/T-Ball League Registration February 8, 2016
- Young Shark Tank Fan Creates Equestrian Business
- 4 O' Clocks Free Concert Series returns to First Congregational Church in Wauwatosa
- College Works Painting Internship
- UWP March Science Night - Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease