On Saturday May 7 the Milwaukee Regional Art festival a juried art show for middle and high school students was held at UWMilwaukee. With over 300 works submitted from around the state and only 40 works selected for the show, eight Pilgrim Park students were selected to compete. of those eight, four students received exemplary awards for their work:
Avery Ulschmid 7th grade mixed media- Best in show award for her hand painted ceramic Bowl
Eileen Freres 8th grade Drawing and Painting Plus- 1st place award for her scratch art Peacock
Michael Foster 6th grade general art- 1st place award for his Ceramic green man mask
Stephanie Howland 7th grade Mixed media- 2nd place award for her hand painted ceramic bowl
Congratulations to these artists as well as artists whose work was selected for the show:
7th grader Lizzie Maher, 6th graders Madison Sirny, Katy Kemnitz and Chloe Clark
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade