On Saturday May 7 the Milwaukee Regional Art festival a juried art show for middle and high school students was held at UWMilwaukee. With over 300 works submitted from around the state and only 40 works selected for the show, eight Pilgrim Park students were selected to compete. of those eight, four students received exemplary awards for their work:
Avery Ulschmid 7th grade mixed media- Best in show award for her hand painted ceramic Bowl
Eileen Freres 8th grade Drawing and Painting Plus- 1st place award for her scratch art Peacock
Michael Foster 6th grade general art- 1st place award for his Ceramic green man mask
Stephanie Howland 7th grade Mixed media- 2nd place award for her hand painted ceramic bowl
Congratulations to these artists as well as artists whose work was selected for the show:
7th grader Lizzie Maher, 6th graders Madison Sirny, Katy Kemnitz and Chloe Clark
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Middle School Students Gather Toys for Milwaukee's Poor
- Sharpen your swords for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- Brandish Creative Group launches to support regional small businesses
- Merry Christmas to the World!
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ
- Movin' & Lubin' Opens Second Vehicle Repair Shop in New Berlin
- Public welcome to WAUMC's 'The Winter Rose' Christmas cantata
- Department of Defense to fund $5.5 million concussion study