The Rock River HOG Chapter’s 17th annual ride for breast cancer research, “Ridin’ to a Cure,” will be held September 23-24 at Olympia Resort in Oconomowoc.
Festivities kick off the evening of the 23rd at 6:00 pm with a pre-registration party and survivors’ parade. Saturday the 24th is ride day; bikers can hit the road as early as 8:45 am. The “All Pink” ride leaves from Wisconsin Harley Davidson at 9:30 am.
After the autumn ride, the Rock River HOG Chapter has planned a party at Olympia Resort that includes a live auction, door prizes, live entertainment, food and beverages, and a drawing for a Harley-Davidson 2012 Softail.
Participants must pledge a minimum of $40.00 to ride. Last year, more than 1,400 participants raised $242,000 for breast cancer research. Since the ride began, The Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center has been the recipient of over $1.6 million in grants.
“As beneficiaries of the proceeds from this event, our goals are to stay totally volunteer-based and to fund breast cancer research that is innovative and able to impact the lives of breast cancer survivors.” notes Beth Cramer, President of the Rock River Cancer Research Foundation. “We are thankful to the devoted volunteers from the Rock River HOG Chapter and our sponsors, including Wisconsin Harley Davidson.”
Non-riders can still participate. Go to www.ridintoacure.com for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove Artist at Firefly Art Fair
- Researchers to explore new treatments for pancreatic cancer
- Brain Injury Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc.’s new informational commercial
- Milwaukee’s Archbishop Conducts Mass at Harwood Place
- Milwaukee Choristers to Hold Auditions
- The impact of housing on HIV status
- Hamilton offers drivers’ education
- Cudahy Family Library presents Antique Appraisal Event
- Cruisin' For The Canines - Classic Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Show
- Letter to the Editor Re: Waukesha County Sheriff's Race