PieceMakers Quilt Display, August 28 - October 2 at Unitarian Universalist Church West in Brookfield
PieceMakers Quilt Display, August 28, 2011 – October 2, 2011 at Unitarian Universalist Church West in Brookfield
On Sunday, August 28 and continuing through October 2, there will be an exhibition of quilts by the PieceMakers in the UUCW Art Gallery. UUCW is located on the eastern edge of Brookfield at 13001 W. North Ave., only minutes west of the North Avenue exit on Highway 45.
The PieceMakers are a UUCW group that creates gorgeous quilts for sale, for their personal use and to donate to Froedtert Hospital. This season there will not be any quilts offered for sale. Froedtert chaplains will place them with patients who are in hospice. Among those exhibiting in the Community Room will be PieceMakers president, Melanie Weston, and Sandy Johnson.
The UUCW Community Room Gallery champions local and non-local emerging and established artists and strives to build community through the visual arts. The gallery also provides a space for exhibiting artwork that grapples with issues of diversity, tolerance, and social justice, plus art that celebrates the planet and the interdependent web of all existence.
Unitarian Universalist Church West values diversity and works to create peace and fight oppression. For more information about Unitarian Universalist Church West see http://www.uucw.org, call (262) 782-3535, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrange a separate time to view the PieceMakers Exhibit or for more information aout the Community Room Gallery contact the church office, email@example.com or 262/782-3535, ext. 10 or 17. See also http://www.uucw.org/community/music-visual-arts for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BEACHCOMBER SALON PLANS SEPTEMBER 11TH FUNDRAISER
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Annual Used Book Sale to be Held in September
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Huge Church Rummage Sale
- August is “Cataract Awareness Month”: 6 Things you should know about CATARACTS
- Sarah Oberhofer Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Little Shop of Horrors R&B Sci-Fi Combined!