PieceMakers Quilt Display, August 28 - October 2 at Unitarian Universalist Church West in Brookfield
PieceMakers Quilt Display, August 28, 2011 – October 2, 2011 at Unitarian Universalist Church West in Brookfield
On Sunday, August 28 and continuing through October 2, there will be an exhibition of quilts by the PieceMakers in the UUCW Art Gallery. UUCW is located on the eastern edge of Brookfield at 13001 W. North Ave., only minutes west of the North Avenue exit on Highway 45.
The PieceMakers are a UUCW group that creates gorgeous quilts for sale, for their personal use and to donate to Froedtert Hospital. This season there will not be any quilts offered for sale. Froedtert chaplains will place them with patients who are in hospice. Among those exhibiting in the Community Room will be PieceMakers president, Melanie Weston, and Sandy Johnson.
The UUCW Community Room Gallery champions local and non-local emerging and established artists and strives to build community through the visual arts. The gallery also provides a space for exhibiting artwork that grapples with issues of diversity, tolerance, and social justice, plus art that celebrates the planet and the interdependent web of all existence.
Unitarian Universalist Church West values diversity and works to create peace and fight oppression. For more information about Unitarian Universalist Church West see http://www.uucw.org, call (262) 782-3535, or email email@example.com
To arrange a separate time to view the PieceMakers Exhibit or for more information aout the Community Room Gallery contact the church office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 262/782-3535, ext. 10 or 17. See also http://www.uucw.org/community/music-visual-arts for more information.
- Annex Wealth Management Named to Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers List for Third Consecutive Year
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Archery For Women
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Elm Grove resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for after-school program for at-risk youth
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus