Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 S. Genesee St., Delafield, will host a concert by the Alleluia Singers of Elmbrook Church on Friday, September 30, at 7 p.m., with a freewill offering accepted. The event is part of the congregation’s Festive Music Series. Refreshments will be served following the concert in the Great Hall, provided by the new Great Harvest Bread Co. in Delafield.
The Alleluia Singers are a ministry of Elmbrook Church, a non-denominational, evangelical Christian church located in Brookfield. This select ensemble of 18 vocalists share a deep love for the Lord and together serve Him through the choral/vocal arts. They perform works from the masters of the Renaissance to today’s Praise and Celebration music.
Members are volunteers from all walks of life – business, advertising, medical, construction, sales, teaching, missionaries, engineering, and others. Originated in 1990, over the years the Alleluia Singers have provided music for worship leadership in area churches representing many denominations. They have an extensive prison ministry, have provided worship services at extended care and senior facilities, the local VA hospital, and have provided inspirational music for special events.
An ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church of America) church, Christ the King has nearly 1,000 parishioners and welcomes new members. Weekly worship is held on Saturdays at 5 p.m. and Sundays at 8:15 and 10 a.m.
For information on Christ the King , call (262) 646-2343 or visit www.ctkdelafield.org.
- Archery For Women
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Elm Grove resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for after-school program for at-risk youth
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce holds ribbon-cutting for Network Health