An extended trip to Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia Oct. 27-30 left 26 Templeton Middle School students, three parents and three teachers with unforgettable experiences.
The school group traveled to Philadelphia and Washington, D.C., visiting the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Betsy Ross House, National Constitution Center, Mount Vernon, U.S. Capitol, National Archives building, Washington Monument, Ford’s Theater, Holocaust Museum, several Smithsonian museums, the White House, U. S. Supreme Court, Library of Congress and many of the war memorials, including the Lincoln, Roosevelt, Korean, Vietnam, Iwo Jima, Jefferson and Martin Luther King, Jr.
For many, a highlight of the trip was the visit to Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia. While there, Templeton students witnessed the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Following the guard-changing, Templeton students Stephanie Hopkins, John Myatt IV, Rohan Washikar and Emma Zalog had the honor and privilege of participating in the wreath-laying ceremony. The wreath was placed at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier out of respect and honor for the many men and women who contributed to the freedom and democracy of the United States.
The seventh and eighth grade students participating in the field trip included: Ryan Adrian, Jonah Brown, Ashley DeJaco, Alexandra Detweiler, Bridget Fahey, Emily Fassbender, Keeley Hayden, Kyle Herda, Stephanie Hopkins, Amanda Joel, Sydney Johnson, Emily Keith, Jacob Lehner, Nathaniel Lemen, John Myatt IV, Brandon Pavloski, Valerie Perszyk, Maya Peske, Haley Rapisarda, Eden Raykowski, Sarah Sankey, Danielle Spence, Morgan Towne, Rohan Washikar, Breanna Waters and Emma Zalog. Teacher chaperones included Patricia Sankey, Alan Schneider and Rhonda Watton.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Recycling of Your Used Electronics for FREE This Holiday Season
- HELP WISCONSIN BUNDLE UP THIS SEASON
- Little Library Creator Writes Novel
- Woodside contributes baskets for families in need
- Holiday Bake Sale at Trinity UCC
- Milwaukee Lutheran's Bel Canto Choir Presents Riverdance Musical Selections Dec. 14-15
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Boy Scout Troop 71 Blood Drive, Dec. 7, 2013
- Zion Lutheran Ladies Guild Christmas Craft Sale