The Lutheran A Cappella Choir of Milwaukee, celebrating its 75th Anniversary Season, will be presenting its annual Christmas Concerts on Friday, Dec. 9th at 7:30PM and again on Sunday, Dec. 11th at 3:00PM.
Titled "An English Christmas", the concert will feature both new and traditional Christmas fare by composers such as Gustav Holst, John Rutter, Ralph Vaughan Williams and William Mathias. Other carols and hymns using either English texts or tunes will also be on the program.
Among the selections are Vaughan Williams' wonderful medley "Fantasia on Christmas Carols", Gustav Holst's setting of "Lullay, My Liking" and "In the Bleak Midwinter", and Rutter's classic arrangements of "Shepherd's Pipe Carol", "Wexford Carol", "There is a flower" and a gorgeous new work "Carol of the Magi". Traditional arrangements of carols such as "O Little Town of Bethlehem", "What Child is This", "The First Nowell" and "Joy to the World" will also be featured. Receptions will follow both concerts.
The Friday evening performance will take place at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee St., Delafield, WI, while the Sunday afternoon performance will take place at St. Matthew's Ev. Lutheran Church, 1615 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, WI. Tickets are $15.00, or $12.00 for Seniors and Students, and may be purchased online at www.lutheranacappella.org or at the door.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- American Heart Association funds epigenetic hypertension research at MCW
- The Knightwind Ensemble Memorial Day Concert