The Lutheran A Cappella Choir of Milwaukee, celebrating its 75th Anniversary Season, will be presenting its annual Christmas Concerts on Friday, Dec. 9th at 7:30PM and again on Sunday, Dec. 11th at 3:00PM.
Titled "An English Christmas", the concert will feature both new and traditional Christmas fare by composers such as Gustav Holst, John Rutter, Ralph Vaughan Williams and William Mathias. Other carols and hymns using either English texts or tunes will also be on the program.
Among the selections are Vaughan Williams' wonderful medley "Fantasia on Christmas Carols", Gustav Holst's setting of "Lullay, My Liking" and "In the Bleak Midwinter", and Rutter's classic arrangements of "Shepherd's Pipe Carol", "Wexford Carol", "There is a flower" and a gorgeous new work "Carol of the Magi". Traditional arrangements of carols such as "O Little Town of Bethlehem", "What Child is This", "The First Nowell" and "Joy to the World" will also be featured. Receptions will follow both concerts.
The Friday evening performance will take place at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee St., Delafield, WI, while the Sunday afternoon performance will take place at St. Matthew's Ev. Lutheran Church, 1615 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, WI. Tickets are $15.00, or $12.00 for Seniors and Students, and may be purchased online at www.lutheranacappella.org or at the door.
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Create and Enjoy Your Own Farm (& Field) to Table Experience Thursday!
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 19
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Second class of MCW-Green Bay medical students receive their white coats
- Trinity UCC Call for Crafters
- Mueller Communications LLC. Announces Promotion of Elyise Brigman