The Lutheran A Cappella Choir of Milwaukee, celebrating its 75th Anniversary Season, will be presenting its annual Christmas Concerts on Friday, Dec. 9th at 7:30PM and again on Sunday, Dec. 11th at 3:00PM.
Titled "An English Christmas", the concert will feature both new and traditional Christmas fare by composers such as Gustav Holst, John Rutter, Ralph Vaughan Williams and William Mathias. Other carols and hymns using either English texts or tunes will also be on the program.
Among the selections are Vaughan Williams' wonderful medley "Fantasia on Christmas Carols", Gustav Holst's setting of "Lullay, My Liking" and "In the Bleak Midwinter", and Rutter's classic arrangements of "Shepherd's Pipe Carol", "Wexford Carol", "There is a flower" and a gorgeous new work "Carol of the Magi". Traditional arrangements of carols such as "O Little Town of Bethlehem", "What Child is This", "The First Nowell" and "Joy to the World" will also be featured. Receptions will follow both concerts.
The Friday evening performance will take place at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee St., Delafield, WI, while the Sunday afternoon performance will take place at St. Matthew's Ev. Lutheran Church, 1615 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, WI. Tickets are $15.00, or $12.00 for Seniors and Students, and may be purchased online at www.lutheranacappella.org or at the door.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- Library's Parking Lot Nears Completion While Used Book Sale Date Loom
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair
- CTSI grant to fund childhood diabetes study
- Christ the King Church of Delafield To Hold Rally Sunday Celebration, Sept. 7
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- City of Brookfield's Fall Registration, September 6, 2014
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- CTSI funds ovarian cancer research