The Lutheran A Cappella Choir of Milwaukee, celebrating its 75th Anniversary Season, will be presenting its annual Christmas Concerts on Friday, Dec. 9th at 7:30PM and again on Sunday, Dec. 11th at 3:00PM.
Titled "An English Christmas", the concert will feature both new and traditional Christmas fare by composers such as Gustav Holst, John Rutter, Ralph Vaughan Williams and William Mathias. Other carols and hymns using either English texts or tunes will also be on the program.
Among the selections are Vaughan Williams' wonderful medley "Fantasia on Christmas Carols", Gustav Holst's setting of "Lullay, My Liking" and "In the Bleak Midwinter", and Rutter's classic arrangements of "Shepherd's Pipe Carol", "Wexford Carol", "There is a flower" and a gorgeous new work "Carol of the Magi". Traditional arrangements of carols such as "O Little Town of Bethlehem", "What Child is This", "The First Nowell" and "Joy to the World" will also be featured. Receptions will follow both concerts.
The Friday evening performance will take place at Christ the King Lutheran Church, 1600 N. Genesee St., Delafield, WI, while the Sunday afternoon performance will take place at St. Matthew's Ev. Lutheran Church, 1615 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, WI. Tickets are $15.00, or $12.00 for Seniors and Students, and may be purchased online at www.lutheranacappella.org or at the door.
- Archery For Women
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Elm Grove resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for after-school program for at-risk youth
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce launches app to promote local businesses