Waukesha Choral Union, under the direction of Ernest Brusubardis, III, has released a CD recording, “A Collage of Carols,” that combines traditional and modern favorites of the Christmas season. “A Collage of Carols” is available for purchase from WCU members, online at http://www.choralunion.org, or by calling 414-297-9310. Orders placed by Friday, December 16, 2011 will be delivered before Christmas Day.
“Our CD features delightful carols from the English tradition, arrangements of popular Christmas songs from around the world, and some American gems, too,” said Brusubardis. “If you have been to previous Waukesha Choral Union Christmas concerts, you’ll recognize our bookends of ‘O Come, O Come Immanuel’ and ‘Stille Nacht.’”
Selections on “A Collage of Carols” also include; “Masters in This Hall,” “Carol of The Bells,” “Sleigh Ride,” “The Star Carol,” “Coventry Carol,” “Ding Dong! Merrily On High,” “We Three Kings,” “Still, Still, Still,” and “Away in a Manger.”
“This recording is another way of fulfilling our mission of community outreach,” said Waukesha Choral Union board president, Tom Custis. “It will also help the organization meet its financial goals.”
Ernest Brusubardis, III, artistic director of the Waukesha Choral Union, is a graduate of UW-Milwaukee with the Bachelor’s of Fine Arts in Music and the Master’s Degree in Music Education with an emphasis on choral conducting. His other choral directorships include the advanced ensembles of Hartford Union High School and the Brusubardis-Dzimente Latvian Choir. He also serves as music director for many community theater productions throughout Southeastern Wisconsin.
The Waukesha Choral Union has been musically active in the community for over 60 years. It presents four concerts each season between October and May. Originally a combination of the Carroll College student chorus and community singers named Waukesha Choral Society in 1949, the group became the Town and Gown in 1961 and the Waukesha Choral Union in 1974, taking its present form as an auditioned choir in 1978. Recent collaborative partners include the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Bel Canto Chorus of Milwaukee, Milwaukee Choristers, Carroll University Choirs, Waukesha South High School A Cappella Choir, Muskego High School Chorale and Chamber Choir, and the Hartford Union High School Concert Choir. For more information visit http://www.choralunion.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- American Heart Association funds epigenetic hypertension research at MCW
- The Knightwind Ensemble Memorial Day Concert