Hamilton schools celebrate Youth Art Month with art show at Pauline Haass Public Library
In celebration of Youth Art Month, the artwork of students from throughout the Hamilton School District will be on display during March at the Pauline Haass Public Library, N64 W23820 Main St., Sussex. The public is invited to view the artwork during regular library hours.
A reception honoring the artists and their teachers will be open to the public from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 1. During the reception a Hamilton High Jazz Band combo will perform and art activities will be offered in the Youth Services area. The Friends of the Pauline Haass Public Library will provide refreshments.
A new component to this fun annual event will be a food drive to benefit Sussex Outreach Services. Hamilton art teachers and Pauline Haass Library staff encourage art show visitor to bring a nonperishable food item. Items in most demand are toiletries, cereal, other than cornflakes, single-item meals such as ravioli or Hamburger Helper, soup and macaroni and cheese. Monetary donations also will be accepted. The food barrel will be in place throughout March.
Youth Art Month is celebrated each year to emphasize the value of art education for all children and to encourage public support for quality school art programs. It began in 1961 as Children’s Art Month with support from the nonprofit Crayon, Water Color and Craft Institute and the National Art Education Association.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Community invited to holiday concert
- Hamilton National Honor Society hosts food drive
- Accelerated Sports Medicine and "Toys for Tots" Holiday Open House
- For all the golfers on your shopping list
- Holiday concert will be performed by children’s orchestra
- Ellingson signs with University of Iowa
- Milwaukee Citywide Food Drive is a Huge Success
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Hawaii in December
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- Donate to Toys for Tots and Win at the Settimi Chiropractic and Wellness Center of Brookfield