Denise Lindberg named Wauwatosa’s Distinguished Citizen of 2011
Banquet: Blue Mound Country Club on Wednesday, April 25th at 5:30pm
The Wauwatosa Distinguished Citizen Award Council is pleased to announce that Denise Lindberg has been named Wauwatosa’s Distinguished Citizen of 2011. Involved since 1993 in the grassroots Neighborhood Association Project founded by Wauwatosa Tomorrow, Denise has been instrumental in the establishment of the 27 Wauwatosa Neighborhood Associations and the Neighborhood Association Council (NAC) that guides them.
In her second term as NAC president (2005-2007) the issue of the restoration of Hoyt Park became a central focus, after initially being followed closely for two years by her predecessor Jill Wickam, NAC president from 2003-2005. In addition, her involvement on the city-appointed Wauwatosa Strategic Planning Committee (SPC) and chairing of the SPC’s Parks and Recreation Subcommittee from 1997-99 motivated her to become one of the founding members of the Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool in 2006.
From 2006 to 2011 Denise led the Friends of Hoyt Park & Pool as board president in raising $8.4 million that entirely covered the costs of: the design and building of the new TOSA Pool at Hoyt Park, including excavation of the old pool; extensively renovating the historic bath house; upgrading the utility infrastructure; establishing a $1 million endowment fund; and making park improvements to the lighting, pathways and parking lot.
The TOSA Pool opened 2011 Memorial Day weekend and highlights included serving over 85,000 visitors the first year and achieving financial sustainability through the sale of 1,250 family memberships, 785 individual memberships, and 205 nanny passes.
The public recognition of the Distinguished Citizen award will be at the Blue Mound Country Club on Wednesday, April 25th at 5:30pm. Banquet reservation information will be posted on the City’s website.
Make your reservation at Wauwatosa City Clerk’s Office, 7725 W. North Avenue or Mail check (with names attending):WDCAC, c/o Nancy Schrap, 7024 West Wells Street, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
(Questions: H—414-771-6472) Reservation cost $40 per person.
- Archery For Women
- Art Gallery selling tickets for local charity
- Hoops for Awareness
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Elm Grove resident earns highest Girl Scout honor for after-school program for at-risk youth
- WAUWATOSA VETERINARY CLINIC OPENS SECOND LOCATION ON STATE STREET
- Medical College of Wisconsin to conduct mass casualty training June 20-21 on Milwaukee campus
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on June 22
- Brookfield Chamber of Commerce launches app to promote local businesses