Our April UUCW Coffee House will feature the feature the Milwaukee Mandolin Orchestra. This program will be presented Saturday, April 14 at 7:30 pm in the Community Room of the Unitarian Universalist Church West. Admission will be by a $7.00 donation and doors will open at 7:00 pm with the first set at 7:30pm. This will be followed by an intermission and a second set. The Community Room will be set up in cabaret style with card tables and chairs to encourage casual conversation. Refreshments will be available for purchase in the lobby.
This Orchestra was organized in Milwaukee in 1900 and is the oldest fretted-instrument group in the United States. They blend mandolin, mando-cello, guitar, bass and voice playing a wide variety of music including waltzes, tango, marches, polkas as well as operatic pieces. In addition to the traditional mandolin orchestra repertoire, the group performs programs from tin-pan alley music with vocalist Rick Kiefffer.
UUCW is located at 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield and is handicap accessible. For more information contact the church office, email@example.com or 262 782-3535.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- The role of microRNA’s in high blood pressure
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- From Billions to None: The Passenger Pigeon’s Flight to Extinction
- Library's Parking Lot Nears Completion While Used Book Sale Date Loom
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair