Our April UUCW Coffee House will feature the feature the Milwaukee Mandolin Orchestra. This program will be presented Saturday, April 14 at 7:30 pm in the Community Room of the Unitarian Universalist Church West. Admission will be by a $7.00 donation and doors will open at 7:00 pm with the first set at 7:30pm. This will be followed by an intermission and a second set. The Community Room will be set up in cabaret style with card tables and chairs to encourage casual conversation. Refreshments will be available for purchase in the lobby.
This Orchestra was organized in Milwaukee in 1900 and is the oldest fretted-instrument group in the United States. They blend mandolin, mando-cello, guitar, bass and voice playing a wide variety of music including waltzes, tango, marches, polkas as well as operatic pieces. In addition to the traditional mandolin orchestra repertoire, the group performs programs from tin-pan alley music with vocalist Rick Kiefffer.
UUCW is located at 13001 W. North Ave, Brookfield and is handicap accessible. For more information contact the church office, email@example.com or 262 782-3535.
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Create and Enjoy Your Own Farm (& Field) to Table Experience Thursday!
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin West High School Aug. 19
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Second class of MCW-Green Bay medical students receive their white coats
- Trinity UCC Call for Crafters
- Mueller Communications LLC. Announces Promotion of Elyise Brigman