Two St. Mary's Visitation eighth graders, Molly Carrig and Frankie Ragonese, have qualified to present their research paper at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Explorer School's Student Symposium in Houston May 4-6, 2012.
To qualify for the symposium, the girls conducted an investigation that focused on how to protect delicate instruments that are dropped onto different planets and presented it virtually to a panel of NASA personnel. The St. Mary's students will travel with SMV junior high science teacher Mrs. Kathy Biernat to present their investigation findings to NASA personnel and other students attending the event.
Thirty schools, each with one team, were invited to the symposium, which will be held May 4-6. This two-day event will feature an astronaut presentation, facility tours, student activities and a career awareness panel of young professionals working at Johnson Space Center. The panelists will share information about their work, hobbies and interests, as well as, experiences that influenced their decisions to pursue studies and careers at NASA.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 27
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins Announces Support for 2015 MECA Vest a K-9 Fest
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- Three Brookfield Ameriprise Advisors Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- American Heart Association funds epigenetic hypertension research at MCW
- The Knightwind Ensemble Memorial Day Concert