May 22, 2012
For Immediate Release
Contact: Scott Ficks
Moorland Park Tennis Center Hosts Students from Daryl Lyn Hines Academy
New Berlin, WI…Moorland Park Tennis Center welcomed 80 middle school students from Milwaukee’s Daryl Lyn Hines Academy for a day on the tennis courts on May 10, 2012. Moorland Park provided 20 volunteers and 10 teaching pros who spent the day introducing the students to the sport of tennis, providing instruction and game play. “We have hosted the kids for four years now and are glad to give them an introduction to our great game and teach them the value of sports and what opportunities can be created through tennis,” said Scott Ficks, Director of Tennis at Moorland Park, “Our staff and volunteers really look forward to this event and hope some of the students enjoy tennis for the rest of their lives.”
Moorland Park Tennis Center, which is owned by Western Racquet Club in Elm Grove, is comprised of eight indoor tennis courts and offers both junior and adult programming. The teaching staff at Moorland Park Tennis Center consists of 10 USPTA certified professionals as well as high school coaches from the surrounding area. The center is also home to Carroll University’s men’s and women’s tennis teams. “Scott Ficks and his staff and volunteers did an amazing job with the kids, some of whom had never before stepped on a tennis court. Scott really cares about giving back and helping others. I think he and the pros got as much or more out of it than the kids they were helping” said Timon Corwin, Director of Tennis for Western Racquet Club.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Kristen Belan Joins R.A. Smith National as Municipal Services Project Manager/Engineer
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on Oct. 22
- Young Life Wauwatosa at Pizzeria Picola and Yo Mama's!
- Barbara Donaldson, Waukesha Resident, Joins Brookfield Office of Ameriprise Financial
- MCW researcher to develop methods to optimize virtual tools for nasal surgery
- Hamilton students recognized in NMSC competition
- 4-year-old kindergartners participate in Harvest Parade